Ping or a feature?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Schwak, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Schwak

I never really cared for infantry combat but lately with air being so unbalanced and my poor lib being useless without one of my gunners on I have taken to the ground. Yes the almighty Schwak TR Lib God from mattherson has joined the squishies. Anyways I always wanted to get araxium on my Heavy guns and I noticed a clear second delay after pressing F to active/deactivate my shield. Lots of times this gets me killed because by time I pop my shield I'm dead because of the delay. Not sure if it is high ping that I'm experiencing or just a clear delay that SOE put when popping the HA shield.

Thoughts/comments?
  2. Bennybones

Well, as we always say in my outfit whenever there's an issue with the game. It's a feature. People warping across the map? Feature. Tanks stuck in the ground? Feature. Shots not registering? Feature. Shields taking an extra second to activate? Feature.
  3. anaxim

It has to be ping problem.My shield never delays that much,i always manage to activate it after the first shots.(i play with 40 ping).
    Or of course the person that shot you is a lager(very high ping) and he "killed" you on his computer while in your computer the shots didn't fired yet.(so maybe you play in a server that many people have very bad ping....or maybe it is your ping)
  4. NiteJazz

It happens to all of us. I, mostly playing HA than anything this game could offer, find that just getting the resist shield and popping your shield before a fight should help. The resist shield lasts longer and doesn't drain when you are hit, so it helps you get more accustomed to activating your shield.