Picture proof why Continent Locking hurts gameplay

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Halcyon, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halcyon

I thought continent locking was supposed to help population imbalance?
    Well SOE, how do you explain this?

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

From the screenshots above (taken during primetime 6pm PST/9pm EST on Connery) the TR have literally no place to go. We are shoved up against a wall with no options to expand. We just fight zerg after zerg.

We used to have the option of less populated continents and actually enjoy ourselves by escaping the giant zerg fights.
    Now, that's all we have. Zerg fight after zerg fight. No other option. Cont locking gives us fewer choices for gameplay, not more.
    We are essentially forced to play how the PS2 developers want us to play.

Every major patch gives us fewer and fewer choices on how we want to play your game SOE. I was an all access pass sub, but I let it expire since I can't even play this game the way I want to.
    If your goal is alienating the player base that actually enjoys having a choice in gameplay, you are largely succeeding.
    • Up x 15
  2. volth

"If your goal is alienating the player base that actually enjoys having a choice in gameplay, you are largely succeeding."

It's feel like this with CL, tank nerf, buy attachments with SC and map design with focus on Zergs.
    • Up x 8
  3. Scr1nRusher

From the screenshots above (taken during primetime 6pm PST/9pm EST on Connery) the TR have literally no place to go. We are shoved up against a wall with no options to expand.

then get it together and fight back.

We just fight zerg after zerg.

its ironic when a game known for big battles, has people that hate the big battles.

so ghostcapping?

yet it gives you more if you work together AS A FACTION.

hate to break it to you but thats seemly kindof always been the case with big updates, like lattice, and the upcoming resourse revamp.

they aren't nerfing TR

What made you play PS2 in the first place?

you still have a choice in gameplay.

actually you have many goals and choices now.

Forumside is hurting the game so much its not even funny.

I'm half expecting the Chaos Gods to join forumside.
    • Up x 31
  4. squarebug

i don't like it either the gameplay has changed my outfit members are going to quit soon.
    • Up x 7
  5. Scr1nRusher

theres more to PS2 then indar......
    • Up x 18
  6. squarebug

so what? the point is it wasn't thought out and people don't like it. op is right deal with it
    • Up x 3
  7. volth

They already start to quit on Ceres, no point playing if you can't have fun in the game anymore.
    And it feels like the game be worse after each patch :/
    • Up x 5
  8. Scr1nRusher

it was thought out.

ITS ONLY PHASE 1.

When the battleislands and inter continental lattice come out(along with phase 2 and phase 3 of continent locking) it will all make sense.

Also I don't get why people hate it... It gives you something to fight for, a meta game, a long term goal, a victory condition.
    • Up x 14
  9. Scr1nRusher

EU servers are getting a merge soon BTW.

just letting you know.

if you followed the PS2 reddit since the server smash, Smed has been discussing merging the EU servers.
    • Up x 1
  10. Halcyon

Cool, post dissecting. I can do it too.

We don't have the pop. Look at the screenshots.

It's known for big battles? Could have sworn it's known as a sandbox FPS that allows combined arms and different combat strategies.
    Aka, not every fight has to be a zerg fight.

.....ghostcap WHERE? Every front in those screencaps has enemy pop in it.

We don't have the pop. Did you even bother looking at the pop percentages?

Yes, it is the case. That was my point.

Where did I talk about nerfing any faction? I'm talking about pop imbalance and cont locking. Are you a troll?

To have fun and play how I want to.

No, as I explained clearly, we don't have choices.

What's hurting forumside is people's lack of reading comprehension.
    • Up x 9
  11. DeadliestMoon

That's funny seeing as how players were pretty much begging for this.
    • Up x 4
  12. squarebug

because like OP said the difference between the faction that struggles and those that thrive is insane. no fun having -10% less pop all the time and rewarding high pop with constant continent locking. shouldn't have changed this game did not need cont lock.

and i'm on a server with only 1/4 of the world locked.
    • Up x 2
  13. DeadliestMoon

Actually yes, that's how it was marketed and that's what most players came for. The massive battles.
    • Up x 5
  14. volth

Yea old players did begging for CL, but alot of other players say no when SOE discussed it.
    • Up x 2
  15. squarebug

Winning alerts wasn't a thing in PS1.. and locking a cont was a lot less rewarding/zerg friendly i didn't say anything about PS2 being good with cont lock. if you want an example of what PS2 is missing from PS1 it's inventory, and no item shop
    • Up x 1
  16. TwwIX

What good is meta when you lack the necessary population and amount of continents to facilitate that gameplay? The lattice system and the content locking serve no other purpose than to funnel zergs and now increase their frequency. The people that begged for this, mostly disgruntled PS1 vets, have already moved back to that precious game of their and/or moved onto greener pastures. You can also thank them for drop in population and the continuous server merges this game is going through.
    • Up x 6
  17. volth

Yea CL is to easy in PS2, you should need to hold a continent for 2 hours to lock it.
    • Up x 1
  18. NC supporter

Games dying, deal with it.
  19. volth

Why?
  20. Ken Photon

Okay, just one question: what was the world population looking like at the time? I'm having a feeling that the TR just had an underpop on the server itself. The fact that the TR had an underpop on both of the continents indicates that the TR just has less people overall. Meaning that this situation has nothing to do with continental locking.

I say that you should just wait until the latter phases of continental locking comes out. This implementation isn't very much liked right now (I'm fine with it, but that's just me), but it's only temporary. There's no real need to quit the game just for that (taking a break's fine, but outright leaving isn't really called for). Just try to work with the rest of your faction to see if you can gain ground. Just because you're outpopped, it doesn't mean that you can't do anything. It'll be more difficult, but not impossible. By the way, I don't think that those population numbers were insanely unbalanced either...
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.