Phyx - NVidia 313.96 beta driver

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NutleyBoy, Feb 13, 2013.

1. NutleyBoy

Vid's a bit doggy but in game it was fine :)

• Up x 1
  2. YellowB

Are you implying that if we install this beta driver for our NVidia cards we have access the PhysX effects in the game?
  3. DJPenguin

are you running on max/near-max? does the alt+f counter say the gpu is being strained?
  4. ginfest

Yes, yes we do :)

"You can enable GPU PhysX via UserOptions.ini edit now.

- Make sure you have the latest drivers 313.96 beta.
    - Make sure NVCP is forcing PhysX to your GPU

Add the following under rendering :

[Rendering]
    ForceGpuPhysics=1
    GpuPhysics=1
    "
    • Up x 2
  5. Dusty El Lion

Most CPU still being strained here especially in wide open areas. Geforce 555m 1.5 gig.
  6. Zitroxious

Works on older drivers aswell just need to add 2 lines in the ini
    • Up x 2
  7. xxJackallxx

That is exactly it but you have to add these two lines to your UserOptions file under the [Rendering] heading

ForceGpuPhysics=1
    GpuPhysics=1

For Nvidia users this allows you to see the PhysX features in the game you see in the video.

Just remember these are not optimized and still can cause issues and may not be the final look you may see when Sony officially unlocks them.So use at your own risk.

I had a slight FPS drop but nothing that I really found hurt my playing otherwise the game looks great with them.
    • Up x 1
  8. Drsexxytime

I'm running on "user file ultra" mode with this turned on and still getting 55-70fps as per my artificial cap I put on my car, it may go higher, didn't try it yet. In game monitor and Precision X still show when FPS drops to 30-40 randomly or in massive battles that my i7 2600k OC'd is bound lol.
  9. YellowB

Excellent, great to know. I have a pair of NVidia cards in SLI and have been waiting for this option to be enabled, never knew I could do it myself. Thanks!
    • Up x 1
  10. NutleyBoy

Yup this is correct. The file can be found in your steamapps/common/planetside2
    • Up x 1
  11. GroundPounder

I am running an older card with the 310 drivers.. added the lines to the ini and physX runs nice.
    • Up x 1
  12. nukularZ

It's a nice preview, but for me it causes continual performance degradation until crash. It start's out smooth for a while, then stutters occasionally, then stutters all the time, and then finally crashes.
  13. NutleyBoy

It did that for me if I had my settings on Medium if they are on High this does not happen. Tried to see if it would help with the recording but found that the game would crash on medium settings but not on High !
  14. Mickey

Ive been ban today after put this in my .ini:

ForceGpuPhysics=1
    GpuPhysics=1

I am sure this is not who make me ban, but its a fact...

lol

(for the story my deban is in progress.. i hope so)
  15. Achmed20

no need for the beta drivers, the current non beta ones just work fine.
    • Up x 1
  16. NutleyBoy

This won't get you banned lol you must of been a naughty boy :)
  17. Aliasse

Software Engineer guy in the interview said u won't get banned for this.
    (See recent planetside 2 interview)
    • Up x 1
  18. Riekopo

Works without the new beta drivers. How do I make sure the Nvidia control panel is forcing Physx to the GPU? Some problems I've noticed are that the lift particles go through stuff and the particles don't seem to have a very far render distance. Also the lift particles reset every time you get within render distance range. Breaks immersion.
  19. Tasogie

wish I could get SLI running, every time I turn it on, it disables some of my Screens, an I cant see ****. I have to unplug all my monitors an reboot with a single monitor plugged in to get it back again.

I plug in the active adpator in the port, an boot the PC on it... an I get nothing.
  20. Phyr

In your case, it's because you're on a laptop. CPU optimization still needs work though, in order to fully benefit 4/6/8 core machines.