Phoenix, should of expected this.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Comptonunhh, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Comptonunhh

I am massively disappointed with the phoenix so far. Its maneuverability and range has been gimped to the extent that it cannot even be used for its intended purpose. A vehicle within the pathetic 300 meter range is already too close for the manueverability to allow you to fire on it from cover as the phoenix is intended to do, anything farther than that and the missile fizzles before reaching the target. Currently the ONLY way to use it is to have direct line of sight to your target, which completely defeats the purpose of having it TV guided, why would I use a TV guided missile when I have to stand there like an idiot flying it into my target while in line of sight when I can hit that same target just as easily that same way with the decimator. The devs definitely took their fear of people whipping it around corners out of spawn rooms way too seriously on this one when the ONLY thing they needed to do to stop that was make it blow up on shields, not nerf the maneuverability to the point where it cant even perform its intended role anymore.

EDIT: Just an update on how much MORE this thing sucks, the hit box is SO massive on the missile while its in flight that if you try and fly it parallel to the earth (like you would when attempting to shoot a tank in the rear) if you get any less than 15 meters off the ground it detects it as hitting the ground and blows up, thus making its even MORE impossible to use in the way it was intended to be used.
    • Up x 2
  2. SirBurning

I agree it needs a bit more manuverability. SOE overdid themselves on that as a procaution.

Aside from that it's fine.
    It's a situational weapon.
    • Up x 1
  3. Capt. Mytre

The hit box is bugged as far as I can tell, multiple times I've had "hits" that travel directly though objects. Have not had any issues with blowing up on the ground though. They pass right through infantry and MAX's.

I think the greater issues are:
    The range, for such a weapon designed for long range combat, isn't enough. 500m at the very least.
    The damage, while perfect for all armoured vehicles and heavy aircraft, ESF's and flashes should be ONE HIT KILL at the very least. ESF's currently take 3 shots to kill, while flashes require FOUR.

As for the other factions weapons, they are meh as well.

VS should one hit kill infantry with full charge, currently it does full shield and half health. Damage over all is not worth it when it requires such a long charge time. Not sure about one hit killing an ESF, since the speed of the projectile is crazy fast and has no drop. Still, it would require more skill than a lock on weapon.

TR has, yet again, the lamest and stupidest weapon. Requires no skill to use, and is quiet powerful especially if used with two people. What this missile launcher should have been was a wire guided missile launcher that can launch 4 rockets in a row. The game does not need any more lock on noobery.

Over all, the weapons are below performance of the normal rocket launchers. They need balancing and adjustments.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ghoest

Honestly the maneuverability isnt the issue.

The range is short and the damage is low. can it even hurt a MAX?

Why would anyone choose to equip this weapon.
    • Up x 1
  5. Stadulator

Should HAVE expected.. Grammar, it's a win
    • Up x 4
  6. Comptonunhh

No, the maneuverability is DEFINITELY the issue here, it CANNOT be use the way it was intended which is to fire from cover, it simply doesnt turn well enough to be aimed back down at the ground withing the 300 meter distance after being fired any more than 20 degrees up over a piece of cover. That being said, the range is also ridiculously pathetic, and to add insult to injury, there is no range finder built into the scope, so you have to play the guessing game on whether your missile will fizzle 10 feet from target or not.
  7. Hellcat

More reliable than dumbfire. Much better damage than lock-on launchers. It's a very good weapon. My first kill with it was a Mosquito. I've also killed 2 Prowlers, a Lightning, and 3 Sunderers (those side shots are nice). I would have killed that Magrider if I just had 10 more meters to work with!
  8. SaKaul

honestly i think the pheonix could greatly be improved by one update alone: the ability to manually explode your missle, ive missed mosquitos by half a inch because their profile is so slim in all characteristics, and the missle is really fast, if it was a little slower then the missle would be more maneuverable
    • Up x 3
  9. piupiu

What!? ****? It's just a nightmare for infantry. Its **** weapon oneshoting me 10-15 times already. I don't undestand why you complain. The Phoenix is overpowered weapon. I think they should decrease phoenix's damage.
    • Up x 1
  10. Maksimus

Yeah same, I get killed by those Pheonix launchers from anywhere, I logged on, went to battle, died by those 8 times in a row, exited the game.

Very powerful against infantry.
    • Up x 1
  11. zodiak666b

The phoenix is no anti-armor rocket launcher. It's an anti-infantry sniper.
    • Up x 2
  12. Hosp

This.

Remove OHK from Infantry, fix lack of initial control, add turn-ability, and bring damage in line with pre-existing rocket launchers (if it isn't already).
    • Up x 1
  13. DiHorizon

It's currently suffering from the vehicles not registering as colliding with infantry bug.
    So it's not really an anti-infantry weapon either.
  14. OldMaster

1 hour ago I was instant killed by a single phoenix shot... I have HA with full health and armor. There must be some kind of bug.
  15. MayorD

Phoenix got no spash radius, you need direct hit infantry to kill it. and as inf. you damn stup1d if you get killed by phoenix. one step to the side and rocket cant hurt you... but no, we're cool, we stay standing till last end. and then QQ on the forum "how comes a rocket killed me?"
    Just managed to land some rockets under sundy - no hits... somehow sad.

And anyway. ATM phoenis is no fun to play.. this thing is so damn bugged. always when you need a guided rocket, this thing just dumbfire...
  16. Terramorph

Lots of folks have been wanting a guided rocket launcher in this game. Seems a crime that it was introduced as a faction specific weapon...It should have been available to all factions.
    • Up x 1
  17. Taskforce

Haha, why dont we just allow you to call in JDAM's while we continue to make your weapons easier and easier to use when they're already barney level.

Jeeezzzzz learn to use the weapon, and yeah you may actually have to develop some skill with it you poor babies.
    • Up x 2
  18. Antivide

The phoenix does not collide with infantry and it has a similar blast to the shrike, basically if you're staying still and you get hit in the feet you die.

So move around.

Everyone saying it killed them on collision are lying.
  19. Hellcat

Phoenix to the FACE.

• Up x 1
  20. Antivide

Welp I trialed it and it's not even colliding with people. Must be just me then cause I can't hit infantry with it at all.