Phoenix frustratingly broken by design

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Doogle, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Doogle

In platoon size and above battles this launcher enters the realms of insanity, rendering cover useless should not be a faction specific advantage ALL aspect of gameplay, infantry, air, armour are ruined by these launchers when used en mass.

What makes it worse is its only counter (shooting down the rocket) doesnt work in mass battles because the rockets do not render.

Unless SOE at least hoxfix the infantry damage this double xp weekend is going to be ruined for everyone besides NC.
    • Up x 1
  2. Lord Robert

You don't say?

Its so "broken" that everybody and their brother bought one, or will as soon as the double SC event starts.
    Like EVERYBODY. They are all over the place.
    I personally know people who created a new BR1 NC character just so they could buy one and kill everyone before the nerf.

I'm sure all that money they make releasing "broken" stuff doesn't even factor into their balance decisions when they design all this new gear. Its not like they are in it to make money or anything.
  3. Fivetide

How many players do they lose every time they release completely broken content like the phoenix?
  4. Lord Robert

I don't know. Some for sure
    I know they do damage control with "sorry about that, we'll fix it. Just a couple more weeks" To appease people who are upset about it. Always do.

How many new players do they get with MLG sponsorship and Steam front page ads? How many of those go to the forums and see "phoenix is op" posted 500X over and over and run out and buy it first thing?
    Some for sure. Particularly the "competitive" MLG types.
    Nobody likes to lose, and everyone wants to own. Doing so costs $7. It has since rocketpods at release.
  5. Kon

how many thousands of dollars did they gain?
  6. Belacossa

May I suggest you look at lolpoding past 300m, if not try breaking out the libs as the phoenix is doing nothing against air that isn't afk having a dump.
  7. Kon

exactly, damage is still ohk after double XP, but not sure if they will change this or just make a sight that doesnt render infantry past 50m ie making it difficult
  8. HadesR

Double XP ... Not sure about anyone else but i'll be aiming for those nice big juicy cert cow's called vehicles
  9. Amrok1

Oh that reminds me, I've got to buy some black and white spotted Camo for my magrider.