Phaseshift VX-S Auraxium Medal

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Sincore, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Sincore

Finally got the aurax medal, now to move on to the Vandal. To my knowledge this is the first Auraxium Medal on this gun since it came out.

Screenshots

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Video

Video of my last few kills will be uploaded shortly

2. iller

:eek:

... mindreading should be a bannable offense -- assuming science can ever prove it exists
  3. Sincore

If you are referring to people moving when about to land a headshot, this gun makes those situations seem much more common and is the most frustrating aspect of the bolt action component.
  4. Amundsenkalmah

Oh gos congrats on the auraxium.
    I respect you for getting that but i dont like your playstyle, isnt that a bit boring?
    Is ok If you llike it im just saying
  5. Lafladitu

I have about 690 kills left until i have an Auraxium on mine

congrats though =)
  6. Sincore

For me personally, it's the gun which forces me into that playstyle. When trying to get a large quantity of kills in a short period of time, the suppressor attachment it almost required as at the ranges I fight in with this gun (50-100m as seen in the video). If I didn't use the suppressor the radar blip would give me away every time I took a shot. As a result of having the suppressor equipped, the bullet velocity of the gun takes a pretty noticeable hit making the semi auto mode of the gun very hard to use for 3-4 body shots required to make a kill. If the target doesn't die when trying to kill them with the semi auto mode, then 9/10 my position gets found out and I need to play very defensively, which takes away from kill potential. The gun itself is also very awkward to use for the semi automatic mode, due the the breath holding mechanic often times not lasting long enough to land those consecutive body shots.Since I was aiming for the fastest aurax possible, the bolt action component of the weapon became the main source of my kills (mainly due to the above reason, and the 1 shot kill potential). This lead to me ONLY ever taking out targets with headshots (which is why my HSR is like 87% with this gun currently) to make my kills, as it would be difficult to pinpoint my exact location and allow for large kill streaks (often 10+).

For positioning, I would tend to use watchtowers combined with hot drops using scythe ejection seat to put me at an elevated position above enemies so that the direction that the bullet hits them will almost never show where I shot them from, this is due to the hit marker being positioned in front of the character as if you were hit from the. This also leads to my biggest streaks (20-30+ kills) since people never really look up too often to notice me and if they do I had ways to re-position and keep on with killing the enemies. I would also prefer fights that had only TR/NC as I could kill both factions and have more targets to shoot at, while my cloaking noise and gun fire would blend in more, since the enemies wouldn't expect a VS character to be at that fight.

As for the footage I provided, it was at Mao Tech Plant, the TR were capturing the base from the NC at the time. Which is why I made little effort to capture/defend the tech plant and was mainly focused on the kills.