[Suggestion] Phaseshift thoughts...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ximaster, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Ximaster

Whats the máximum damage when fully charged????...because im main Vanu,and im thinking to pick that sniper rifle for when the game launches on Xbox One,or when (thinking to) i buy the Ps4 PRO,assuming that the game launches to the new console or to Xbox One (i have the Xbox One actually)

Yes,every wise people here say that this never occurs,but i can put links that Daybreak Games have plans to launch the game on Xbox One.

Also another question related to weapon,can Daybreak Games put charging mode when the Infiltrator is cloaked???? Because at the time that u charging the weapon without cloaked,another well known sniper should headshot u quickly...also on my past experience with hunter Infiltrator,i can say that semiauto snipers are trash versus a heavy assault with scout rifle like AMR-66,Eidolon and Warden...u can only win with a volt action sniper because when u are cloaked the heavy assault doesnt notice u,making u to aim to the head,but if u have a semiauto sniper,on the second shot the heavy assault push the magic button of overshields and start to shoot u with the scout rifle.

So,if Phaseshift have charged mode when cloaked,u have choice to uncloak quick and shoot on the head when fully charged,but on the other system when u charge the weapon without the cloak,the enemy heavy assault shoot u about 4 times...making the weapon useless.

U players agree with that??? Because people doesnt like Phaseshift much,it have infinite ammo and no bullet drop,but on counter,it have low bullet velocity,making yourself to calculate like Einstein of maths the time for land the shot.

Maybe the devs should read this...
  2. Exitus Acta Probat

As bolt action snipers go, its OHK range and damage isn't that great.

As semi-auto sniper rifles go, its rate of fire before it over heats sucks.

But its both a bolt action sniper and semi-auto sniper in one, combined with the heat feature.

While in bolt action mode, its the only bolt action sniper without bullet drop, not that it helps much with the range it can OHK though.

Its like scotch, its more of a acquired taste right now.

4x scope would really do wonders for it, and cloaked while charging goes without saying as a desired feature, a tad more velocity wouldn't hurt either in my opinion.
    • Up x 1
  3. BartasRS

Problem with Phaseshift charging is complicated at best. If it decloaked ifil at the time of shooting it would mean that the delay between decloak and fireing have to be removed and that might be a lil out of balance. IMO it should have switchable fire mode semi-auto/charged (without charging time) and it would be OKish. Not that anyone sane would use semi-auto mode anyway.

As I was informed OHK range is about 200m so it is not that great. At that range bullet drop is easily managable for any other sniper gun.
  4. Diggsano

Phaseshift does OHK within :
    -200m without silencer
    -180m with silencer
    - All ranges to kill Inflitrators

Otherwise you have to do a chargeshot and a uncharged to the Head to Kill.

The problem of the rifle is the charge itself (same at spiker)
    You have to be decloaked to charge which will show you....no matter what.

Additional you habe to Decloak charge and hold breath while charging which will consume much of your "breath time" (negating the sway) and this does give you also less time to aim at the enemy...

The shot itself is so slow that you can only hit longtime Stationary Targets like:

-Enemy noob Infiltrator
    -Engineers noobs on Turrets
    -Engineers noobs who repair
    -Medic noobs who heal/revive
    -Noobs Spawned at Sunderer
    -Noobs at Terminals

-Etc. I think you get the concept that this rifle is not viable versus skillered tragets...

Also what does the Phaseshift profit of? :

-Infinite ammo ( too easy overheat) you will never survive so long to profit of it.
    -No bulletdrop (but slow bullet velocity) you can see the bullet come and step to the side xD

What are the cons? :

-Only viable versus Noobs/ Noobtube
    -Too Slow Bullet Velocity
    -Shows off the Infiltrator for too long amount of Time
    -Fast Overheat
    -Difficult Aim due to holding breath while charge

All in one: Phaseshift is a HIGH RISK and LOW REWARD rifle.

In my Opinion you are simply better suited with Parallax with Silencer and Bolt Action.

Here a good Loadout:

Parallax, 10x Scope, Silencer, Bolt Action (Cool Magazine)

Ammo Belt

Medikit/Proxymines

Commissioner (or whatever suits your Secondary the best)

Counter spy Implantat: Shows ehen you are Spotted.
    Or Holding Breath: you can hold the breath longef.

Now how to Snipe:

The Parallax is easy to learn, with the silencer the Milldot fits perfectly at 100m range.
    100m = one Milldot

To measure the distance, simply make an waypoint to the location you want to snipe to.
    There is really no need for Rangefinder Implantat.

Now the rotating/ sniping act itself.

You Cloak and go up from your position then look trough the scope and search for Pray, if the Pray is found you :

1. Hold breath
    2. Decloak
    3. Shoot
    4. Cloak

5. You then reposition yourself 1m away from the current position and repeat until the Magazine is empty or the cloak nearly empty

When the Magazine/cloak is empty you simply:

6. Cloak
    7. Go behind cover
    8. Decloak (to recharge it)
    9. Reload
    10. Cloak

You can repeat it from step 1.

If you have more time to reload or uncerted cloak, you can do the Steps 6-10 even if you haven't unload the magazine etc.
  5. Mafiakocia

@Diggsano

As much as i can't criticize your expertise when it comes to traditional in PS sniping (hold breath, decloak, shoot, cloak and move) I believe you completely miss the idea of what Phaseshift is made for.

In all traditional roles which would be aggresive advance or aforementioned sniping the Pahseshift is a serious lackluster. It lacks either rate of fire, damage, bullet velocity and that cripples it when used in traditional, for Planetside infiltrators, way.

HOWEVER

This is a perfect hunting and harassing weapon. You do not cloak or decloak - this gives your position away with sounds. You do not shoot more often than 30 seconds apart. You do not use any gimmicks, nor mines, nothing that would hint the enemy that you might be in the area. And then you simply take them apart.

You do not hide in the tree branches, nor its roots - because that is OBVIOUS place. If gentle and attentive enough You should be able to single handed choke a chokepoint to death. Just don't let them see you. They won't storm it because your fire is so condensed, but because it is so precise.

My record in that manner of sniping is 178 kills for 1 hour and 18 minutes of sniping on a choke point. That gives you 2.28 kills per minute, so each 25 ~ 30 seconds.

EDIT:

To provide an ample proof:
    [IMG]
  6. IceMobsterrr

Hoooooooooooooooooly ****. How do you stay alive for so long?
  7. Ximinett

Wow,Phaseshift isnt that bad with those scores :D
  8. Mafiakocia

Well, first of all do not get you hopes so high up, because that was an exemplary stroke of good luck and favorable conditions. That being said you can easily survive up to 30 minutes on the battlefield, or more, alive with couple of these steps. And the 2nd will surprise you!

1 Move that booty, shake that booty.
    First of all – character creation. You do want your phaseshift sniper to be female – mainly because of the slightly smaller frame it has compared to male characters. I do not think that they differ in height, but I decided that extra curve in the hips (while pleasant to the eye while 3d driving the flash) might break several algorithms you will have to deal with when sniping.

Keep in mind that it might be completely irrelevant. But hey – who does not like a nice booty.

2 The hat is where it’s at.
    Let’s be clear on something – You most likely do not have 1000 certs laying around to simply pump into otherwise ******, one trick pony gun. You most likely have spent 10 bucks for some daybrake points and bought phaseshift for 699 points. It is ok, since supporting the developer and provider of this fun game is important.
    That leaves you with extra 301 daybreak points. Go buy another 500 for 5 bucks (it is not like it will hurt your pocket, because even in my eastern Europe, post-soviet country 5 bucks will only buy you one bottle of vodka or a dinner for one too. Now you have 801 daybreak points and go buy Avalanche, Darkstar Acolyte or Archon helmet. One is good enough. Why do you need em?

Because of Pareidolia. What’s that?
    Only an algorithm hardwired in your brain making you find human faces or silhouettes everywhere. It is also responsible for recognizing human body and face on the spot. The helmet is needed to break this algorithm since no longer you will have sleek, swanlike neck and well-rounded head. Now you have some sort of **** bucket on top of your shoulders.

For the same reason you do not want to wear any additional armour (maybe gold one is not that bad because it does not have that much purple stuff on it) that makes your character look sweet, but fits within Pareidolia’s matches.

3 The camo for the Alamo.
    Great, I forgot about camos. You will need at least two – Esamir’s Snow Camo (the snowhite stuff) and Indar’s Canyon’s ver.2 camo. One for esamir only, the other for all the other battlefields you will appear on.
    Why do you need camo? Because you will be using cloak rarely.

4. The outfit.
    You have your hood, your camo. It is all nice and well – time to pick up your gear and go hunting, right? Yep. But not just any gear.
    For primary weapon you (obviously) have Phaseshift WITH silencer (since the gun does not have bullet drop it does not affect it), and at the cost of not appearing on the minimap you lose some 20 meters on your OHK range (which is now 180m instead of 200m). You also want Mach-12 scope for maximum comfort. Since the gun returns within 2 seconds to it’s original position after firing a shot you do not really need the handle so simply pick up a flashlight. Just in case you need to find a pesky hunter infiltrator around your friends.

For the secondary weapon You can pick up what you are comfortable with. Since I heavily rely on distance and discretion I rarely need a sidearm. Usually I pick the Hunter QCX with explosive bolts for this rare occasion that some inattentive Lightning driver will stop by to repair and you end up with useless tank. Simply bomb it into oblivion without being disturbed.

For the tool slot pick up Reckon Detection Device. Why? Because motion sensors leave dick marks on the minimap. And people tend to be stupid enough to sit by it. These are essentially huge markers stating ENEMY INFLITRATOR HERE. You don’t need it, nor you do want it. The Reckon Detection Device might be used while attending base siege or defense with one of the sides being Vanu – otherwise it has to sit in your pocked undisturbed.

For the other slots use Hunter Cloak, Chameleon Module and Restoration Kit. The first two will be required to use when moving from cover to cover. Some random shrapnel might hit you in the process and make you shimmer – that will be taken care of by Chameleon Module. Restoration Kit is for healing.
    Enough about preparation – time to shoot.

5. The arrival.
    Always arrive on the battlefield from the air. Pick up a Valkyrie, or Scythe with Ejection System. Train mid air deployment in VR for maximum accuracy. Fly on the highest possible altitude, invest in some speed upgrades for these two, and you should be fine.

Arriving in ground vehicle is discouraged because you leave a massive sign that someone was here – mainly in the shape of Flash, Lightning, or Harasser.

Arriving on foot is viable option albeit time consuming. You will have enough time to analyze situation and find good shooting positions.

[IMG]

This is what 175 meters away from target look like – try to ***** enemy positions from air and than simply drop at least 200 meters away from them. Anything in between is a no go zone. Why?

6. The positioning.
    Human’s field of view measures around 220 degrees horizontally and 135 degrees vertically. Since you will be flanking them do consider 110 degrees and 67 degrees respectively. Do consider the direction the enemy forces are advancing and assume postion outside their field of view. Most likely than not you won’t be able to and try to assume the higher ground position.

Also avoid any physical obstacles as your concealment because it WILL be the first thing enemy forces will investigate. Do not consider nesting in the tree branches on Indar, because it also is quite obvious hiding spot. Same goes for tree canopy or crown in Hossin. HOWEVER – the branches itself make outstanding scouting points and people usually neglect to check these.

Do not use cloak. Or use it when you suspect you have been recognised and marked (although at that point you will be shot at). Otherwise leave that cloak button alone. If you suspect someone may be walking nearby - do not cloak. It will confirm their suspicion and will make them look for you harder. Just stay put and do not shoot. They will leave if they won't find you.

7. Remaining unseen.

First of all – time your shots. You do not have to shoot like a machine gun. You have to be precise. Didn’t kill a dude in single shot? Don’t worry – you have time. The more often you shoot the higher the chance of enemy spotting You. The minimal time gap between each shot should be at least 20 seconds.

Think about it. You see your mate get shot dead. You start looking for a sniper and suddenly you see a flash of light in form of slow phaseshifted bullet. Now you know where enemy sniper is. Since we deploy around active battlefields the targets do not have luxury of standing around and looking for targets. They need to advance, destroy enemy armoured units, ress and heal their comerades. They got plenty of things to do. 20 seconds is barely enough to lose their attention. Under 20 seconds is a red – no shooting zone. Above 20 to 40 seconds is yellow – they might spot you zone. A shot every minute is green “might simply be stray bullet” zone.

Enemy infantry will shoot at you on sight. That being said you have to remain calm – human brains are hardwired to recognize movement quicker than human silhouette (and we already taken care of that too). Even if enemy infantry walk around you - do not move, do not cloak and do not shoot. Let them leave. Any of these actions will gather their attention. Lack of them – will allow you to work more efficiently.

When it comes to shooting alone - look for targets who are stationary (dummies) or will be stationary shortly. People usually run from cover to cover and allow themselves a couple of seconds to breath and think before they jump out of the cover again. Just learn these patterns and follow their heads in your crosshairs.

Despite of which of the two aforementioned targets you shoot at do not hold the "HOLD BREATH" button the moment you start charging. Thats a waste of breath. Charge your shot (around 2.5 secs) and in the middle of it start holding your breath to simply match the croshair with targets head in remaining 1.25 seconds - that is more than enough.

8. And that is it.
    I left the information about implant blank because you might want to use any of your choosing. And that is fine with this character’s mechanic.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ximinett

Excellent guide man,gj!!!