[Suggestion] PETITION TO REMOVE ORBITAL STRIKES

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRspy007, May 14, 2020.

1. Garmus

Because I do not believe DBG is capable of properly ballance Orbital Strikes under the leadership of current Lead Game Designer ...

... then I am happily signing myself under this petition to completely remove Orbital Strikes from the game.
    If there is somewhere hidden on this forum also a petiton to remove Bastions from the game, consider this as my sign under that petition too (for exactly the same reasons stated above, just replace the words "Orbital Strikes" with the word "Bastion").

I still dont believe it will happen, but if some miracles still exists, I will be happy that my sign there would be a small part of causing that OS / Bastion removal miracle.
    • Up x 3
  2. TRspy007

My thoughts exactly, I should make a thread about that actually and see how many people would agree!
    • Up x 1
  3. waystin2

I do not think they need to be removed, but they do need to be limited in use. I think my personal record (getting smashed by the OS hand of Gawd) was like 4 or 5 within a 10 minute window. All in one sector. That is too much boom for that amount of room. Set a cool down in a sector once an OS has been dropped, say 5-10 minutes before another can be deployed from the same faction.
    • Up x 2
  4. TRspy007

I've been in fights where people have dumped almost a dozen in the scope of under a minute.

A cool-down would be a start, but still, what do they accomplish? Aside from mass teamkills.
    • Up x 1
  5. Blam320

No. While I agree that Orbital Strikes as a War Asset should probably be more expensive, they should absolutely not be removed from the game.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

they were added as a construction item to take out ultra-fortified hive bases back when hives were a thing,
    (and walls were invulnerable)
    they were only useable after a good long while,
    only useable as a construction item and only useable outside of no construction zones,
    THOSE orbital strikes were ok.

it was one of the worst decisions to allow them to be used on lattice bases,
    just because the devs couldn't think of any other way to make construction relevant,
    they turned the construction system into "the OS system"

and now they're doubling down with pocket OS...

absolutely moronic decision.

and gives me an idea for the next forum thread "PETITION TO REMOVE THE USELESS LEAD DESIGNER."
    • Up x 2