Petition for real minefields

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Radian12, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Clark

then the solution to your particular problem is obvious. Spread the word. Tell ever Outfit you can about how OP 300 spent certs could become when used en masse to secure a point. It makes a quick defensive stop worth it because for a mere 150 resources you could get something like 800-1200 xp with the new system, not to mention assists and hit points for doing damage.

Some won't do it, but the smart ones will because tanks are worth so much more XP now, and it tactically shows them where enemy armor could be. Of course, this would cause a fix in the friendly fire bug to be enacted ASAP.
  2. Radian12

1.Tank Mines look like Pizza :D
    2. The toss distance is like 0,5-1m .
    3, When I do mine a vehicle, i drop them and they indeed have arm time . Even a 3 s timer would make no difference .
    4.Mines are melee weapon by theyr nature. Proximity if you know what that mean .

Well it really depends on what you like to do. I must say that doing bomb runs on AMS´s is fun because of the tention and thrill . It´s a hight risk high reward thing. The Xp is just a plaesant bonus reward .

And yeah i like demolishion the most, it´s just fun.

Yeah and i still want 20 mines for my Engy, i want to be a real pain in the *** . I do not care about petty bullets i want explosives . And till i get 20-30 mines it´s all just joke and i have resort the current demolishion works.
  3. MaxDamage

Not an arm time. What I suggest is a deploy time. Where you the user, have to crouch and deploy.
    Add that to a necessary distance between mine placements.. so at the very least the person has to run from the back of the sunderer to the front.

THIS NEEDS TO END.
    (4mins 16 seconds in)

Anyone who supports this bullcrap mine business in its current state does not belong in the game.
  4. Radian12

I don´t support it i just find it´s fun to do.

Give my 20 mines with 1/5 of the current damage and i will support anything.

When I drive my sundy into batle I :
    1.Have mineguard
    2. Man turret of my sundy and guard it .

I agree that overkill with the damage, but lets be carefull and not excuse lack of team play . I once saw a engy that had proxy mines set up at his sundy.

PS. I had some laughts when engineers wanted to bomb rush my sundy and it failed .
  5. makrome

The point is, as long there's the option to repair on the fly, mines MUST KILL a vehicle, otherwise they'll just provide repairXP for the supposed victims.

Yeah, they should add something which could guard your vehicles from mines, maybe they could make it really cheap, like 30 certs or so
  6. XRIST0

Probably not ..

20-30 mines ? are you kidding .. some people have really stupid ideas .
  7. m0nsta

I don't see a big need for this, it never really works out if you do this with a full squad. I guess I am OK with this if its being introduced as a new (third) type of mine.
  8. MaxDamage

If you cert mineguard, your sunderer is vulnerable to infantry, air and tanks from half the map away.
    If you cert armour, some **** exploiting an ill thought out mine/c4 deploy system can insta kill.

On this basis, only an idiot would cert mineguard.
    Using the argument that it is the only defence against a broken feature is not bravado, it's not "being smart", it's accepting a severe fault as "part of the game" when it needs changing.
    The mines in PS1 made a lot more sense.

It needs fixing, it should be in the top tier of devs to-do lists.
  9. Vadimir

It is going to end.

"@ItsThatITGuy nah, we don't want mines to go away with death. We want them to only detonate when driven over and be disarmable by engys."

-Matthew Higby

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/311916834427375616

&

"@PS2DailyDeals | =666=Westy543 10 points4 days ago
    Okay!
    1. Drop tank mines
    2. Throw grenade
    Does add some extra work to it though, it was getting ridiculous.

PS2 Creative Directorlas0m21 points4 days ago
    In this case we would be allowing the mines to be killed without detonating. Shooting them with smallarms fire would also kill them without detonation, essentially to allow anyone to disarm the mine that some butthole just kamikaze dropped on your sundy without HAVING to be an engineer, as well as making it more than just "Drop them then detonate them"

SolTechXuerian 13 points4 days ago
    Then why even provide a disarm mechanic? Do we get to pick them up or get bonus points?

PS2 Creative Directorlas0m 17 points4 days ago
    hope so, we want to reward "disarm" but not reward "destroy".

[ST]Mattherson:Captain Mittensdeathcapt 3 points3 days ago
    Have you considered removing the limit on the number of mines you're able to have deployed? If we're absolutely forced to significantly pre-meditate where we place mines, it would be nice to be able to place a bunch without de-spawning the original ones.
    Something like 3 times your carrying capacity. Right now, you have no way of even knowing if your mines have been cleared or not. Mines are already limited by Resource costs, so it's not like you would just be randomly spamming mines everywhere.

PS2 Creative Directorlas0m 3 points2 days ago
    yeah, making mines better when being used as a pre-placed combat engineering tool and less of a hassle to use in that role is something we want to do, for sure. Right now getting people to not use them as a kamikaze sapper tool is the first step - once we have that, we can work on making them more useful, cooler, and more fun to use as a real CE tool."

-SenEvason

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...tonate-them-with-grenades-bullets-etc.105925/
    • Up x 1
  10. Xebov

I see some problems here.

What is this? I mean realy, they want to provide a disarm option for Engineers but will allow everyone to disarm them with small arms fire? Why even add a disarm option in the first place?

I think AT Mines should be immune to all sources of dmg and only have 3 ways of removal:
    - drive over and detonate it (giving mineguard vehicles a special place in clearing minefields)
    - disarm for an engineer at the vehicles
    - pickup for the engineer that originaly placed it

This is a huge problem too. So they going to modify mines that vehicles that dont move no longer explode but all the other necessary improvments and fixed will come somewhere in the future? Crippling mines for months? I mean, i support this change for mines, but with the change i want to see bugs fixed and a solid mechanic to use and not a broken tool for months.
  11. Ryekir

So killing the engineer, then blowing up the undefended Sunderer (which doesn't have the hard counter to this particular weapon) is somehow bullcrap? This is like pilots complaining about lock-on rockets and not getting flares or using terrain.

Any single player can pull a Sunderer at any vehicle terminal in the game, but heaven forbid a single player can blow it up when it's left completely unprotected (both actively and passively)....

Also, they did change it to require deployment and a deployment radius at one point (which they then removed), but you know what? The only thing that changed for me what that I did exactly what you said: place one mine at the front, and the second at the back.
  12. PapaMojo

No, first they will cripple mines. Then, they will offer "Anti-Vehicle Satchel Packs". Only 700SC!
  13. FischiPiSti

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/at-mines.85902/
    Made similar suggestions before, good to see some engineers agree with me, maybe i made the suggestion at the wrong place

More mines + less damage/mine + less resorce/mine + deploy radius/mine = Actual minefields serving a tactical purpose other then "surprise! free xp", and "cheaper c4"
  14. Radian12

Bumping this stuff . Give us more mines .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.