Performance Boost: Razer Gamebooster

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Moxin, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Moxin

I was trying Planetside 2 besides on my newer rig aswell on my older PC, which had performance issues and were looking for improvements which could help other players.

E8400 (stock)
    4GB DDR 2
    SSD
    GTX 260

The tool RAZER GAMEBOOSTER did help a lot with a much more fluent gameplay and I got even higher FPS.

Its free - http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

Average FPS ingame with this machine 35-40 FPS in battles and fluent gameplay feeling. On quiete places 50-80+ FPS. In really heavy battles ~20-25FPS.

I did of course more tweaks to the rig:

Leatrix Latency Fix
    CPU Unparking
    Throttle Stop 5.00a
    .ini tweaks (low ingame settings will slow your pc even more down...beware !)

Try it for sure if you have an older PC system or if you are struggling with your PC performance.
  2. Kwayver

This booster great for every PC... unless you run XP 64bit :(
  3. G1n

4. SgtDeneutralized

It wont add ps2? I double-clicked it in the steamapps folder and it just closed the window.
  5. ikeahase

So, which settings would actually lower performance?
  6. 1Jammie1

I'm having the same problem, i can't add it to the list of games...
  7. Lueyja2

How does Gamebooster work? I want to try it out but want to make sure it's not in the same category as SweetFX or something and get me banned
  8. Lazaruz

Gamebooster just essentially closes every unnecessary program and service you have running in the background, the kind of things you don't need when gaming: for example updaters. Then after you're done playing, it starts all the programs up again. You can also manually choose which ones you would like to close. By doing this it reduces RAM usage and frees up some processing power... If you have an abundance of both, then you will not get any noticeable improvements.

I've used it well over a year now in different games, so I'd say it's safe to use.
  9. Atreyu1989

So basically this is game booster but with a RAZER word put in it.

Oh btw, I never noticed an fps boost (even minimal) , I've used it in many games (SWTOR, GW2, PS2). But I guess what doesnt work for me , might (might keyword) works for others.
  10. Mansen

Exactly this - they bought a commercial "game booster" and smacked their name on it.
  11. Cuchilain

Im still looking in to information about unparking in vista. the internetz says that vista parks, but has 0 info on how to unpark in vista
  12. zizeff

You might not notice a boost in fps but you should have more of a stable constant fps with it.
  13. Stadulator

14. Bilbobaggins

Game booster is especially useful if you're short on ram.

I only have 4gigs and so the extra 400 or so MB it gives back is noticeable. I can get from about 30% ram usage running windows 7 normally, to about 20%, prior to launching ps2.

I like to imagine that closing the 2mb ram program is going to let one extra person load, or make my shots have that much less lag.

Game booster launches 'game mode' automatically, when launching steam games.

Click on the gear icon and change your settings-- i recommend adding 3rd party services to the list for your OS to shutdown-- I use programs like synergy, boinc & usb controllers, all of which use ram.

I also have problems when playing ps2 while using game booster, I think it's closing down a specific service requried for the game, but I haven't figured out what..

Actually, here's a list, perhaps a dev, mod, SOE or a member of the community can tell me what service needs to be on, that's not-- This is the .ini gamebooster uses (perhaps user-modified) for windows 7: 1=off 0=nochange
    Code:
    AxInstSV=1
    SensrSvc=1
    AeLookupSvc=1
    ALG=1
    AppMgmt=1
    BITS=1
    BDESVC=1
    bthserv=0
    PeerDistSvc=1
    CertPropSvc=1
    Browser=1
    UxSms=0
    VaultSvc=1
    DPS=1
    WdiServiceHost=1
    WdiSystemHost=1
    TrkWks=1
    EFS=1
    Fax=1
    fdPHost=1
    FDResPub=1
    hkmsvc=1
    hidserv=0
    UI0Detect=1
    SharedAccess=1
    iphlpsvc=1
    KtmRm=1
    lltdsvc=1
    Mcx2Svc=1
    swprv=1
    MSiSCSI=1
    NetTcpPortSharing=1
    Netlogon=1
    napagent=1
    CscService=1
    PNRPsvc=1
    p2psvc=1
    p2pimsvc=1
    pla=1
    IPBusEnum=0
    PNRPAutoReg=1
    WPDBusEnum=1
    wercplsupport=1
    PcaSvc=1
    QWAVE=1
    SessionEnv=1
    TermService=1
    UmRdpService=1
    RpcLocator=1
    RemoteRegistry=1
    RemoteAccess=1
    SCardSvr=0
    SCPolicySvc=1
    SNMPTRAP=1
    sppuinotify=1
    SSDPSRV=1
    StorSvc=1
    TabletInputService=1
    TBS=1
    WebClient=1
    WbioSrvc=1
    idsvc=1
    WcsPlugInService=1
    wcncsvc=1
    WerSvc=1
    Wecsvc=1
    FontCache=1
    StiSvc=1
    ehRecvr=1
    ehSched=1
    WMPNetworkSvc=1
    WinRM=1
    W32Time=1
    WinHttpAutoProxySvc=1
    Spooler=1
    Themes=0
  15. Cuchilain

That link in coderbag, thats for win 7
  16. Moxin

What kind of problems do you expirience ingame while running the game booster ?
  17. AuralVirus

What exe would I add for Gamebooster to launch?

I added Launchpad and upon launch steam started (as normal) but then attempted to redownload (download) Planetside2, I also had to login and click the agreement again as if i'd never logged in before.
    I have added launchpad in the exceptions of gamebooster (as it was running when i started gamebooster until, of course, I closed steam/launchpad ready to play using gamebooster to launch.)
    I also tried to add planetside2.exe in the steam apps common folder but it nev er appeared in the list.

As of now i'm only using the cpu unpark util recommended.

So what are the steps recommended for a steam instal of Planetside 2? Which exe(s) to add/launch?
  18. Sento

Some people get higher FPS if they play with higher graphics. Puts more load on your GPU and less on your CPU which is slowing most people down. Its worth a try, helps some, not others (including myself)
  19. technopredator

1) Can anyone specify WHICH low settings will will reduce performance?

2) And what .ini files and what teaks did you change and what are the ranges and a short explanation of what they do why they need to be changed for better performance please?
  20. technopredator