People got 60+ BR levels in certs this update.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gunfox, Apr 10, 2013.

1. SiosDashcR

Nope. They care too much about their money to do that.

Plus - If you play it "right", you can easily earn 60 certs per hour. 60x16 = 960 certs.

I usually achieve that through my Battle Sunderer.
  2. bNy_

I can get around 100 certs / hour if I grind, that's not the point... I'd have to play 300 hours of grind to get certs I could of bought by not even working a full day.
  3. Gratch

This refund in unearned certs does seem a bit careless. Had it been in SC few would complain and most people would laud the action. As certs are the only upgrades/xp/ranking/gear-uping of PS2 by which we build-up characters in this game it does feel like a bit of a slam to those who focus on one-faction/character/outfit vs. those with "alt-itis". Oh... you didn't know we had an SC to certs button - too late.
  4. SiosDashcR

You know what SOE did when they over-compensated these poor people?

No, it wasn't to "screw you over."

It was them being a GOOD company, knowing that people who wasted so much SC purchasing a weapon they ALREADY owned on another character (which is more than just buying it once) - and because of the massive delay SINCE NOVEMBER, they gave in extra.
  5. bNy_

Yes I never said anything about it... But the work hours to get that amount of SC doesn't stand no where close to what you have to play in-game to get that amount of certs.. and that pisses me off.
  6. Goodnight

Perhaps... But their is a hard cap on SC.. its 500k. Some of us have spent well over that.
  7. bNy_

Exactly..
  8. SiosDashcR

Arguing about it further isn't going to call for a rollback - especially with losses they or any player may have experienced as the server is going.

And definitely compensating those who spent SC on one character won't happen either.

Best thing to do is to cope with it and never check the forums again so things like this won't ever upset you.

I mean hell, if you never knew about it and played the game - you wouldn't really see much of a difference, honestly. Just players with certed out vehicles, weapons, classes -- all of which exist in the game already as is.

-

If anything, I see more complaints happening BECAUSE of a roll back, because of what others may have accomplished within that time frame.

Players who, invest their time into the game, don't spend SC period and trying to gain certs the "hard way" - end up being punished for those who are upset with over-compensation.
  9. bNy_

No but I'm defo gonna contact their support and complain like crazy and cancel my subscription.
  10. gunfox

We had to play for HUNDREDS of hours to achieve those things. Some even have not yet. And now, YES, WE GET PUNISHED! Because we decided to care about our char, our friendlist and our outfit. And you get rewarded WITH MORE CERTS than most people in this game have MADE until now. And why? Because you wanted to create a new character to reset your K/D? Because you also wanted to be a Hacksaw Max? You got REWARDED for being something people here call the 4th faction!
    Playing on alts doesn't make you better than us, and it says absolutely NOTHING about how much you supported the game.
  11. SiosDashcR

You can do that and no one would oppose (except SOE).

The game has gone through multiple game-breaking patches and updates to the point that people have threatened and *did* cancel subscription.

However this recent refund, for me at least, would strengthen my reasoning to purchase a subscription because it shows SOE, in good faith, trying to compensate people that were long due compensation.

-

What I do want to see though, is possibly a free one time re-cert item for all characters made BEFORE VR-Training, as most of us had to struggle to "pick and play with" unlocks to see if they were worth it.
  12. Goodnight

So since bny seems to be crying alot. Especially on twitter lol ( cant believe you got higby to respond to you btw)

I would like to point out that I did 90% of my purchases of duplicate items back during the first triple SC weekend Between Dec 31 and early January. LONG LONG before they even mentioned refunding SC or Certs for multiple purchases for account wide. This was even LONG before account wide was even being talked about and was still a rumor of being in development.

He seems to thing all of us bought tons of stuff across multiple toons after they mentioned giving us a cert refund. This is definitely not the case since this was mentioned after account wide went live and was no longer possible to do that anyway.
  13. Mythicrose12

.I got 110k certs from this update.

No one lies on the interwebs. Haven't you seen that All State insurance commercial?
  14. SiosDashcR

You're not punished.

You did not lose anything.

And yes, playing on alts does not make others better than you.

So regardless of how many certs they have, you should be able to whip them and feel good about it.

And spending SC, does show support of the game, especially if you're willing to purchase the same item more than once (even if it's for "because it's OP" reasons, it's still income to SOE).
  15. Iksniljiksul

I got 500. Seems such a tiny amount for having bought multiple decimators, camos and the like. Yet I don't care too much, as when I bought them I did not expect to gain anything but the item in question.

If anyone really did gain thousands or tens of thousands of certs then I have to care a bit, since this is rather game breaking in terms of giving them builds that no one else will ever be able to achieve. How did they gain tens of thousands of certs and at the same time I only got 500?

500 is half of the actual cost of one Decimator. So while others get massive build boosts I get half the amount of one weapon. Nice.
  16. SiosDashcR

Open a Support Ticket with them and claim your rightful amount.

It is unfair that you got way less than you were supposed to.
  17. Nirallus

It's finally ******* happened. People will now complain about literally anything on these forums.
    • Up x 1
  18. gunfox

I GOT punished. I didn't lose anything, yet other people were GIFTED THREE TIMES MORE than what I've spent 500 hours and 200$ on.
    How would you react if you just bought a car for a huge amount of money (=time invested), and the salesman decides to give it the next random person behind you for free?
  19. bNy_

It really doesn't matter.... point being, you got stuff worth hundred of hours game time while I have spent hundreds and dollars and got nothing to show for it...

And I will demand compensation for downtime, <3 living in europe where marketing laws aren't ruled by ToS/EULA.
  20. Ferret96

Agreed. Also, what few people did get lots of certs will get the most attention, as it's always the outliers that people focus on. People ignore the fact that thousands of people got 0-500 certs, then focus on the 100 people out of tens of thousands that got thousands of certs.