people complaining about Vanu

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Balsh, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeAmerish

Exactly one.
    They don´t even have a 750X143 with soft point ammo. And they don´t have a 600X167.
    • Up x 1
  2. Alexkruchev

VS ARs are the main reason I play them. Just because it's versatile doesn't mean it's bad... I really enjoy their medic play. I think people have an idea that TTK is everything, or alpha is everything, what have you-... it's the way weapons bring their stats together that counts most. VS players generally intentionally take the sidegrades that mimic the TR and NC, instead of playing to their archetype: The versatile options. WEapons like the Pulsar LSW, CME, Solstice (One of my favorite carbines).
  3. freeAmerish

If you talk about versatile weapons do you think that is an exclusive VS thing? TR and NC are
    having the same in blue or red.
    But when it comes to LMG´s VS isn´t having an Anchor or an Orion with soft point ammo.
  4. Reclaimer77

Seems like they've balanced out most of the reasons to play Vanu. We get small magazine sizes and a low-damage tier in almost everything, but don't have accuracy or movement speed advantages to compensate. Our MBT is a hindrance more than a help. I routinely see TR and NC outfits organize massive armor columns. When was the last time you saw 10+ Magriders working together?

The pistols? HA! The Assault Rifles are basically re-skinned carbines. VS have two good LMGs with the rest being confused and overlapping (Ursa = Flare).

VS feel pretty vanilla right now honestly.
  5. Eternaloptimist

If picking on VS is a real tihing and I had to guess, I'd say that some features of VS equipment and weapons are sufficiently different from the other two factions that they stand out and therefore attract more comment. For example:
    • a floaty tank
    • a disco ball heavy weapon for infantry
    • a multi charge ES rocket launcher, sniper rifle and pistol
    • a couple of heat mechanic directive weapons
    Added to which, there is the normal human tendency to believe that anything which gets repeated often enough must be true, so people don't do their own research or observation......just rely on what was known in medeival times as persuasive authority.

The other common human reaction is displacement rationale (also known as making up excuses) - "they win more often than they lose so they must have an unfair advantage".

Finally, as someone already mentioned - asymmetrical balance. This means that depending on which features of any faction you selectively choose to talk about you can "prove" that any faction is either OP or UP.

It could be something a lot simpler of course, like spandex jealousy :)
  6. cubannigthmare

bro what u mean i as a vanu have always to run i barely even have gatten any arx in any of my weapons so what u talking about my magrider is easy beaten by ligthing and the speed of it is so slow . my scythe gets beaten easily by nc lmgs . infantry avoid my ligth ppa oh and we are currently overpopulated on genudine soooo what .
  7. freeAmerish

What an outstanding feature. Grinding stupidly directives when you can resupply at a terminal or ask
    an Engie:p
  8. cubannigthmare

well centerly someone does not get the pont either . pay attention to what he says and test it out your self. the only thing that helps me suvived as a vs is flank-hit-escape and pray they did not see me. the nc carbines? i die in 4 to 6 shots the tr? i coukd not even see itcomib'
  9. Eternaloptimist

Yeah.....not saying its a big feature, just one of the points of difference from other factions that might (just might) lead someone to focus their criticism on VS in particular.
  10. Stormsinger

Historically, the VS did have some OP toys that outclassed the competition. This is no longer true. I attribute most VS complaints to community inertia, as everything remotely overpowered the VS had disappeared a number of months / years ago. The VS arsenal is servicable, but everyone has something that outclasses them in every remaining category - the current main attraction of VS play is a unique looking / sounding arsenal, and a few fun little gimmicks.
    • Up x 1
  11. XanIves

Lightnings can usually go toe-to-toe with any 1/2 MBT. I guarantee that if you aren't running an infantry farming loadout and you have a gunner who has an IQ above the NC average, you will not lose to lightnings in a 1v1. Period. Unless you have a LPPA and a VPC with Proxy Radar, and the lightning has an AP loadout, in which case the lightning SHOULD be wrecking you, as that's called a hard counter.

Source: I have a maggy without stealth, fire suppression, reload speed upgrades, or thermals, and when I have a gunner I can chew through lightnings like nobody's business.
  12. theVelvetAlley

If global pop demonstrates anything, it's that the fewest people want to play VS.

Which is weird, because most people play what's OP.

Which is why 90% of the fights I encounter are against a HA. :p
  13. Nody

VS has the potentially most fun weapon selection that sadly all came (or were nerfed to) uselessness for doing their actual job in the game or at the best are a weaker version of their NS counterpart. Without going into any great detail think of the below weapons and what could have been if the Devs were not afraid or had a basic understanding of their game (see Lasher and ZoE "buffs" as the latest examples of failing to understand even basic mechanics):

PPA
    ZoE
    Lasher
    Spiker
    Beamer
    Lancer
    HEAT mechanism weapons
    Magrider
    Saron

TR are the traditional faction, NC should be the hard hitting gritty faction and VS should be the crazy lunatic circus of experimental weapons based on energy and doing area damage or accuracy but limited by bullet speed or clip size. Instead VS ended up as the NS empire of weapons that are accurate but have higher ttk compared to the other factions without any flavour to care about :(
  14. orangejedi829

NC high-damage guns actually have lower DPS and longer TTK than their TR and VS rivals. Have you ever tried them? In fact, if you truly think the other two factions' weapons are so far superior, why not simply join the TR or NC?
    And of course you die in 4-6 shots. You have 1000 health, and most guns do between 143 and 200 damage; double for headshots. It's simple math. That's a minimum of 3 and max of 7 shots to kill.
  15. Ragnarox

LoL someone mentioned PPA being good hahaha

We all Vanu know that best weapons are NS weapons. Kappa.

TR are now leader of OP weapons cause you can't hear their cries anymore.
    NC never complains cause they have most fun weapons out there. (I know I switched to them from useless Vanu).

Why TR have most pop on all servers (>40%)? cause ppl tend to play OP factions.
  16. CrimsonEpsilon

I get killed far more by the PPA then the AirHammer. PPA is fine. Every fighter gets killed by lmg's and small arms. For the magrider, try another strategy. It is a VERY good tank.
  17. Towie

I think the answer will be very server dependent - I play on Cobalt, play all three factions and all have good/bad points. Trying to pick out the particular high/lows (for me anyway):

VS Likes:
    - Good squads and teamplay
    - Heavily certed 2/2 Magrider is awesome
    - Pulsar C
    - Lancer squads (although very rare)
    - Virtually guaranteed to get a gunner
    VS Dislikes:
    - Elitism in some outfits, insistence on Teamspeak
    - Often underpop - can also abandon a continent (even during an alert)
    - 1/2 or uncerted Magrider is rubbish
    - Stuff nerfed to uselessness (Zoe, PPA)

TR Likes:
    - Good 'fun' squads - TTRO provide much amusement and fun activities, often end with a Harasser race which is a blast
    - Prowler is great fun and super fast, doesn't need to be 2/2 to be good
    - Gatekeeper
    - Vulcan
    - Nice guns in general
    TR Dislikes:
    - Non-English speaking squads (quite a common thing with TR - although this would be a big 'like' for the native language speakers so is totally forgivable !)
    - Often overpop - fights can end up being very one sided

NC Likes:
    - Some excellent outfits (eg. Re4pers, Jesters)
    - Vanguard shield makes it very tough but it is a pain to manoeuvre
    - Ravens
    - Phoenix (most fun in the game)
    NC Dislikes:
    - Not much to be honest - although the guns can be tricky to control in general

I still enjoy playing all three although if I were to be honest, i'd probably prefer: TR, NC, VS in that order. It wasn't always that way though...
  18. XanIves

I think he might have been talking about the ground vehicle ppa, not the scythe ppa. Scythe ppa is amazing, and if it wasnt for it being completely useless in A2A, I would say it needs a nerf.
    • Up x 1
  19. Chubzdoomer

VS hasn't been a problem since ZoE got nerfed eons ago.
  20. TeknoBug

I second that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.