Pc specs

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Colvault, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Colvault

I ordered a new PC I'm pretty sure on Thursday and I am curious if they'll work.

Nvidia 625(yes I know it is a notebook card but it is modified for pc use, ask hp if you don't believe me)
    I3 processor
    6G of RAM
    1 TB hard drive
    I forget the sound card

Will this work? The website I checked to see if I could said I could run it a low to medium settings at 1080P but I run it at 720p cause its smoother for me.

Also while on the topic will using the razor game booster get me banned? I mean it is only or Performance.
  2. Badname1652

I really would recommend getting an i5 processor at least, even if you have to save a bit. This game is CPU-crazed. The graphics card is good enough to handle the game on medium-low settings, otherwise you should be fine.

P.S. Razer Game Booster is completely legal, I haven't been banned using it (and I've been using it for 6 months now)
  3. Colvault

Ok phew that makes me happy. And really regarding processors the inference from an I3 to an I5 is almost negligible. The people at HP said I should run it and oddly enough the new nex gen games which I doubt but if I doesn't I get to return it so it isn't that bad.
  4. TSR AlexS Customer Service

What is the processor speed?
  5. Colvault

3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 dual-core processor[3.3GHz,3MB Shared Cache]
  6. Colvault

Also AlexS is Razor Game Booster legal. I just wanna double check. ;)
  7. Lavans

I have a hunch that the above system is going to struggle unless you do some serious tinkering. It might be in your best interest to spend a little extra and get a step up from what you're ordering.
  8. Colvault

Little late on that, shipped this morning. It is in Mexico. And the man at HP said if it doesn't go well I can return it.
  9. TheAppl3

It's....not. An i5 is significantly better than an i3 for any game that makes even semi-decent use of multithreading. PS2 of course won't see all that much of a difference but most other modern games will run better on an i5. The i3 gives you far less headroom for other applications so you'll really have to trim down background processes and make every cycle count.

The GT625 is about on par with an 8600GT that was released six years ago. It'll run PS2 alright on very low settings.

I do hope you paid very little for what is really a glorified web-browsing/office PC by today's standards.
  10. Badname1652

Colvault, just to reiterate what Apple said, you are going to want to upgrade to an i5 ASAP, preferably a 3570k, as it can OC without a problem and perform just as well in games as many more expensive options. However, if you are not going to upgrade for a while, keep an eye out for cheap new AMD processors, because when PS2 is released on PS4 (sounds funny hehe...), it will be optimized for AMD Jaguar Architecture.
    Just a little advice,
    ElVencedor
  11. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Shouldn't be a problem using it man
  12. Colvault

I knew I'd be running low settings anyway as I really do not mind. The only thing that sucks is that the I3 and the 625m are the highest that can go in so in order to upgrade I'd need to buy a whole new pc basically. Also I only spent about $700 since that is all I had. Glorified office pc it us but that's all I can afford I mean a 15 yr old cant get a job easily. Also it isn't apple, it's hp. Also the pic is stuck in customs so once it comes through I'll update here whether or not it works out, and if it doesn't well then I return it and try again. And Alex thanks for the info :)
  13. Colvault

And as for the graphics card that sucks cause that's the card I have in my old pc anyway.
  14. BlackDove

The 625 is a GF119 chip that has 155 GFLOPS and 14.4GB/s memory bandwidth. That's about 2/3 the GFLOPS and 1/2 the memory bandwidth of Intel HD Graphics 4000 which is integrated, so I wouldn't count on running this game at 1080p.

The chip isn't modified for desktop use. I'm guessing this is an all-in-one PC? If you plan on gaming, you might want to consider returning it like you said. There are a lot better options for $700.
  15. AnotherNoob

Pretty sure he meant apple as in the user TheAppl3 who made one of the posts above :p
    But yea, not sure about the price point in your country, but I doubt you got good value for your money :S I would suggest you ask for help on a hardware forum next time you buy a computer, such as tek syndicate, linus tech tips or tom's hardware, as you will almost certainly get better, less biased help there.
  16. Colvault

Eh your right and sorry apple I thought he meant the company I'm just too tired for this. And next time I will as they might be more helpful
  17. BlackDove

I'm pretty sure the only one who's giving him bad advice is the guy at HP. There is a huge difference between the desktop versions of the i3 and i5.

The i3 is two physical cores, the i5 is four physical cores. It is essentially twice the processor as an i3, and performs that way in applications that can make use of multiple threads.

His 155 GFLOPS GPU really is about as good as something that was released 6 years ago, and my Ultrabook's integrated GPU is about 50% more powerful, and it's certainly no gaming machine.
  18. AnotherNoob

That is who I was referring to, should maybe have been more clear on that :)
  19. Sliced

There is not much difference between an i3 and i5, as long as the i3 has multithreading.
    The only time you will see a difference is when you're maxing the cpu out. However on lower end tasks there's no real difference.
    PS2 has been shown not to max out cpus, and also doesn't really support multithreading at the standards we would of expected.

The GPU may be ok. Run it at 720p and see how it goes. My wife runs PS2 on low - mid settings on a 9800GTX+ and gets okish fps while also running a Q9400 at 2.7Ghz.
    You shouldn't have any problems with your ram.

Make sure you install and update all your drivers and windows updates. You need them as you can't afford to lose any speed by having old / faulty / basic drivers.

See how it all goes, if you can send it back in the future, or save up some cash and upgrade it yourself if possible.
  20. Alexlightning7

I would honestly just return it.Spend your money better.
    You could build it yourself, and it would be much better price per performance.

That said, even if you dont want to build it, there are much better deals for 700$.
    My LAPTOP is more then 8x the power of that, and I got it for 650$(admitedly on a big discount, but only from around 800).