PATCH NOTES - discuss

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gisgo, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Gisgo

Players may note the following changes:

· Alpha Squad boosts were regranted with full six months and extra bonus to resources and experience. All Alpha Squad players must re-equip the new boost.
    · Depot – New Mana Anti-Vehicle Turret available for purchase.
    · Light Assault – Fixed a bug where jump jet cert progression would not properly
    · Invulnerability for revived players has been removed
    · Effect added to help indicate temporary invulnerability on respawn
    · Membership status window should correctly display loyalty level
    · Missiles locked on to the vehicle in flight will again provide audio/visual indicators
    · Fixing descriptions of the Mosquito M14 Banshee magazine certs
    • Up x 6
  2. Gisgo

AV mana turret!!! :eek:
  3. Kakihara

They probably did loads of stealth changes again :rolleyes:
  4. TrashManCan

Interested in the LA hotfix. The sentence in the patch notes needs a hotfix!
    Can anyone finish the sentance? :)
  5. Gribbstar

The invulnerability changes are most welcome.

As are the lock-on & jetpack fixes.

and broken many other things.
  6. Perry

Turrets are normally a death sentence for Engies... Who will be brave enough to use one against a tank?
    • Up x 2
  7. Phyr

I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've died to an engi turret, BUT WHO CARES AV TURRET WOOOOHHHH!!!
    • Up x 2
  8. MrK

Who bets the AV MANA turrets are OSK on infantry?
    • Up x 4
  9. DJPenguin

Higby said the LA's fuel regen and capacity cert upgrades sometimes didn't spawn with the player.
  10. Lambchopz

Depends how quickly they can destroy them. If they are quick enough, I could see people setting them up in windows or slightly behind hills and things like that. Windows in particular since they made them so much smaller.
  11. JokeForgrim

12. DJPenguin

****, i attack MBT's with the Flash. I ain't scared!
  13. Lambchopz

Flash mounted Basilisk rushes are OP.
  14. Gisgo

*raises hand*
    When im out of mines i already throw rocks at tanks! A turret might help :p
  15. Wardancer

Hopefully the AV turret has long range so we actually have a fun replacement for lock on weapons to help fortify bases against enemy armor. These things would be lovely to set up on base turrets etc to supplement the AT turrets already there. The user would be very vulnerable to infantry and snipers and often air but that is the tradeoff you should be expected to make to get a long range AV weapon. If its short range it will suck big time :/

Edit: The more "fortification"-type things we get the better, that way we can hopefully avoid forcing weapons like the annihilator being the only answer to enemy vehicles and making pretty much everyone unhappy.
  16. Turel2

I take that challenge sir lol.

Also most Engis suicide mine Sunderers so this is no different really.
    • Up x 1
  17. Aslandav

Thus...makes me wonder...why did SOE bother to add an AV Turret for engineers when players are not stupid enough...cough...I mean "brave enough" to use a turret against a tank when the tank can kill both the turret and the engineer as well as those standing next to the said engineer in less than two shots? So, either SOE is giving the AV Turret a super shield or it is just another "why it exists" item?
    • Up x 1
  18. Tigga

All good changes. The lock-on fix is the main thing really needed, though the AV turret could be interesting. It'll probably be no more use than the max AV...
  19. Canaris

glad to see revive immunity going and I'm going to try out the AV turrent ;)
    • Up x 1
  20. Turel2

Also who bets AV turret is 1000 certs?
    • Up x 1