Patch, MAX - Air/MBT XP Good- Instant Action Bad

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Stigler, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Stigler

The experience granted for killing many enemy vehicles has been increased:

Galaxy: 400 xp, increased from 300 xp
    Liberator: 500 xp, increased from 150 xp
    ESF: 400 xp, increased from 75 xp
    MBTs: 500 xp, increased from 100 xp
    Lightning: 400 xp, increased from 100 xp

Instant action has been redesigned to be a single button press, with no on-map indication of where it will send the player, but it will still hot-drop them onto a facility with heavy combat.

This is to prevent people from exploiting instant action as an organizational tool, which is what people were using it for previously. If you are in a squad and not the leader, a second button for squad deploy will appear.

Overall, I am looking forward to this patch. Less splash damage = more MAX survivability outdoors. The Air XP increases will make focused AA much more viable. I often spend time as AA in outdoors areas with no AA coverage, close to the front lines to scare off Libs and ESF's and it is usually my lowest score per hour but I do it anyhow as thankless as it is, it keeps my faction losses down when assaulting. Now it should net more XP making it far less thankless in these times.

The MBT/Lightning XP should make the MAX AV role something more to consider now and more viable, even if you just get the occasional final shot the overall XP should be up from where it was. I am definitely going to give it a shot and see.

The one bad thing from the patch is no longer being able to use Instant action to redeploy as a MAX. Going to a random hotspot will equal a quick death vs picking out your instant action point from the map based on what you see/know is happening at that base. The instant Action every 15 minutes allowed me to get around and stay up as MAX indefinitely for the most part. Now you will have to ditch the MAX and do the map redeploy hopping which is more time consuming. I suppose it helps with balance as I never run low on infantry resources spawning as MAX, only when I am restocking infantry consumables.

I did see something on the jumping bugged hitbox which is helpful, lets also hope they improved the missing shots.

Your thoughts?
  2. Jaeger41

Agree that the HE nerf helps MAXs, and the XP increase for aircraft will be great when you're running a FlakMAX.

The XP increase for tanks would be better if MAXs had a better AV weapon. I love my dual-Falcons, but going up against a tank with them is difficult.

The Instant Action change is an indirect buff for the Galaxy, re-establishing its primary role as a troop transport for squads and platoons. Personally I think that is a good thing, although I'll miss being able to drop in on a biolab when I just feel like killing stuff.
    • Up x 2
  3. Marinealver

Why don't they just bring back the HART system but make it so it only drops on Teritory you control?

I still think the IA of making you spawn inside a facility is the best way though.

and I wouldn't mind seeing a MAX drop pod again, just make it so that the MAX pod cannot steer, that would be a good enough nerf to allow the MAX to drop pod in while other classes can steer.

As far as MAX AA well I still want the Sparrow and Starfire back and give the TR something like a MAX surface to air missle.
    • Up x 1
  4. MistaN

Nerf instant action as much as possible. I would really like to see the 30min timer on instant action come back. We need more usage for Sundies and GALs. Transportation > Continent warping. The instant action change is the best change in the whole patch.
    • Up x 1
  5. Netham

I like the instant action change. Ever seen/been in a full 48 man platoon and ALL used it to turn a battle? 48 pods at once is cool as ****, but its also incrediably cheesey to have it done to you or do it.
    • Up x 1
  6. Stigler

I understand the instant action changes being better for all around Galaxy and Sunderer use, and agree.

But for MAX class "unless" you are in a squad/platoon that will wait for you, often times you are left in the dust if you are cleaning out strays or keeping AA watch till the very end. If these changes cause the 1/12 Sunderers and empty Galaxies to actually wait 2 seconds then fine. But I see myself having to abandon point defenses and spawns early before the cap just to find a vehicle to jump in.

But yes overall I agree the instant action was probably bad for overall infantry use and detracted from the transport role. Maybe as a MAX running around I abused instant action a bit, guess I will have to deal with it. :)
  7. Niller

Its great :D Instant action was way to OP.
  8. Dimachaerus

Speaking as a pretty dedicated falcon max... I have a raging freedom boner right now just THINKING about how much XP I'll rake in blasting prowlers to bits tonight.

I'll have that last rank of nano armor accelerator in no time.
  9. Stigler

Yeah, I am pretty excited too, I will probably go straight to AV/AV to start then see how AA/AA is, still need a second extended mag on burster, but it should not take as long with the extra xp, I hope.
  10. Anvildude

Was thinking I'd spend my first 1000 certs on another Comet.... Now I'm pretty much sure of this.
  11. Marinealver

A simple nerf to only teritories you control or are near will work.