[Suggestion] Passive Abilities

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xind, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Xind

Been working on this for a little while, was curious what the player base would think of it.
    I tried to avoid as much personal buffing as possible and include more teamwork based bonus.
    Numbers aren't set in stone and are there purely as place holders.
    I think all classes need more things to invest certs in.

All abilities are conceived as 5 ranks costing: 100, 250, 500, 750, 1000 Certs

Infiltrator - Assassination/Spotting
    Rank 1 = Muffles footsteps, reload sounds, and cloaking/decloaking sounds by 30%. Targets spotted within 40m show health remaining to all allies.
    Rank 2 = Muffles footsteps, reload sounds, and cloaking/decloaking sounds by 40%. Targets spotted within 80m show health remaining to all allies.
    Rank 3 = Muffles footsteps, reload sounds, and cloaking/decloaking sounds by 50%. Targets spotted within 120m show health remaining to all allies.
    Rank 4 = Muffles footsteps, reload sounds, and cloaking/decloaking sounds by 60%. Targets spotted within 160m show health remaining to all allies.
    Rank 5 = Muffles footsteps, reload sounds, and cloaking/decloaking sounds by 70%. Targets spotted within any range show health remaining to all allies.
    Stipulations: Infiltrators can always personally see the health of any target they spot even if allies cannot once they invest at least one rank into the ability.

Light Assault - Assault Training
    Rank 1 = Increases maximum safe fall distance by 1 Meters and increases foot speed by 0.20 meters per second.
    Rank 2 = Increases maximum safe fall distance by 2 Meters and increases foot speed by 0.40 meters per second.
    Rank 3 = Increases maximum safe fall distance by 3 Meters and increases foot speed by 0.60 meters per second.
    Rank 4 = Increases maximum safe fall distance by 4 Meters and increases foot speed by 0.80 meters per second.
    Rank 5 = Increases maximum safe fall distance by 5 Meters and increases foot speed by 1.00 meters per second.
    Stipulations: Movement speed bonuses do not affect lateral or reverse movement, only closing speed. (Forward movement) Movement speed bonuses do not combo with Adrenaline pump while sprinting.

Engineer - Performance Modding/Repair
    Rank 1 = Vehicle repairs 3% faster while the engineer is inside, Vehicle gains 3% more acceleration/turning/braking.
    Rank 2 = Vehicle repairs 6% faster while the engineer is inside, Vehicle gains 5% more acceleration/turning/braking.
    Rank 3 = Vehicle repairs 9% faster while the engineer is inside, Vehicle gains 7% more acceleration/turning/braking.
    Rank 4 = Vehicle repairs 12% faster while the engineer is inside, Vehicle gains 9% more acceleration/turning/braking.
    Rank 5 = Vehicle repairs 15% faster while the engineer is inside, Vehicle gains 11% more acceleration/turning/braking.
    Stipulations: Only one engineer can provide these abilities in a vehicle and they must be in seat #2. Sorry no one man vehicles.

Medic - Triage
    Rank 1 = In addition to the current ability, medics may now reinforce shields by healing them while they are at full health/shields, which increases the shield capacity 2%.
    Rank 2 = In addition to the current ability, medics may now reinforce shields by healing them while they are at full health/shields, which increases the shield capacity 4%.
    Rank 3 = In addition to the current ability, medics may now reinforce shields by healing them while they are at full health/shields, which increases the shield capacity 6%.
    Rank 4 = In addition to the current ability, medics may now reinforce shields by healing them while they are at full health/shields, which increases the shield capacity 8%.
    Rank 5 = In addition to the current ability, medics may now reinforce shields by healing them while they are at full health/shields, which increases the shield capacity 10%.
    Stipulations: The added shield capacity is lost on death and must be reapplied after being rezzed. Your shields will only passively recharge to their normal maximum capacity. You can only reinforce someones shields when they are at full capacity. The added shield capacity is discharged after two minutes.

Heavy Assault -
    Rank 1 = Heavies may activate their over shield in vehicles to survive the vehicular explosion at 10% health and no shield.
    Rank 2 = Heavies may activate their over shield in vehicles to survive the vehicular explosion at 20% health and no shield.
    Rank 3 = Heavies may activate their over shield in vehicles to survive the vehicular explosion at 30% health and no shield.
    Rank 4 = Heavies may activate their over shield in vehicles to survive the vehicular explosion at 40% health and no shield.
    Rank 5 = Heavies may activate their over shield in vehicles to survive the vehicular explosion at 50% health and no shield.
    Stipulations: In air vehicles you still fall to your death! In galaxies, you may survive. Beware of falling debris that may fall on you after you are forcibly ejected from a detonated vehicle.

MAX Suit - Upgraded Servo Mechanisms
    Rank 1 = 05% Additional melee Damage, +0.5 Meter safe fall distance, Reduce cooldown of charge by 1 second.
    Rank 2 = 10% Additional melee Damage, +1.0 Meter safe fall distance, Reduce cooldown of charge by 2 seconds.
    Rank 3 = 15% Additional melee Damage, +1.5 Meter safe fall distance, Reduce cooldown of charge by 3 seconds.
    Rank 4 = 20% Additional melee Damage, +2.0 Meter safe fall distance, Reduce cooldown of charge by 4 seconds.
    Rank 5 = 25% Additional melee Damage, +2.5 Meter safe fall distance, Reduce cooldown of charge by 5 seconds.
  2. ih8Darian

This would definitely need some tweaking, first off 95% would be quite ridiculous. Footsteps are what helps us know when an enemy is coming (specifically an infiltrator) without us being horribly outgunned due to complete blindness. Footsteps are already barely audible, 95% would make it basically not audible at all. The loud cloak sounds is what balances the infiltrator class itself, sure it's loud and it should be reduces by a max of 70%, 95% would only lead to tears of the enemies. I play infiltrator all the time now, I have no problem at all with cloak/footstep noises. An infiltrator should never be that quiet, it would be absurdly unfair.

Edit: All the others all fine, they don't alter the class a lot unlike this, and would be more of convenience abilities (like fall damage) compared to this ability which will stop even pros from being able to kill a novice infiltrator with an SMG.
    • Up x 1
  3. Xind

Numbers edited as per your suggestion.
    I play all classes (engineer the least) and I just wanted to add some more flavor to them without being to broken.
  4. ih8Darian

Yeah, now this would be perfectly fine (also notice I edited my post a bit before you quoted). I try to play all classes, but since my friends computer broke down 2 weeks ago he has to get it fixed and back (probably coming Saturday) so I've been lone wolf infiltrator, with exceptions of being a medic if random allies need help.
  5. Aiden

Pretty useless. 1) Safe fall is pointless for LA--jetpacks serve that purpose just fine. 2) If it doesn't combo with Adrenaline Pump, what's the point of Adrenaline Pump?
  6. Xind

When your jump pack turns off abruptly in the air, you may now survive depending the height, also, you won't have to use your jump pack to drop distances which would make you stealthier.

Adrenaline pump doesn't affect your walking move speed as best I know, this would affect your walking move speed and not your running.
  7. ih8Darian

I'd have to agree with Aiden on his point, as a regular LA user I would rather have something like dramatic increase in running speed once shields are down (this would be great for a fast getaway). Thought of this from Bioshock Infinite btw, really cool ability :D
  8. Pikachu

I get surprised at the rare times when I notice the sound of footsteps in this game. :S It's almost non-existant. If anything footstep sound could be greatly increased.
  9. ih8Darian

Well, when it's a lone infiltrator trying to ghost cap (for example, towers) then it's rather easy to notice. I don't like playing on Indar though, I'd imagine it would be nearly impossible to hear footsteps there.
  10. Aiden

If you're at any dangerous height, your jetpack will have recharged enough during your fall to allow you to survive it. Plus, 5 meters at max rank is nothing. Being able to ignore falling damage is a huge perk that comes with having jetpacks, this is pretty redundant/useless.

Honestly, I would just make it a 4/8/12/16/20% flat boost to walk and sprint speed, and remove Adrenaline Pump entirely.
  11. Xind

Hmmm, I'll think about the whole flight/drop distance issue, I see what some of you are saying, but I still kinda figured it'd be useful.

Nope on the second point, the goal isn't to create less abilities and two different abilities that don't overlap seems fairly reasonable, especially since everyone doesn't use Adrenaline pump and everyone could use this passive without adrenaline pump without having to choose it over another option.
  12. gigastar

Most of theese attibutes, and more, may be added as implants when that update rolls around.

But i do agree, infantry passives do need some work.

Except for that HA one. Its useless when you can instantly teleport out of a tank.