[Parkour] The Crown (Training Clip)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CuteBeaver, Jun 1, 2016.

1. CuteBeaver

Just a little training clip showing the difference between directional influence VS deflection. As well as clear distinction between the purpose behind Triple Jumps VS Double Jumps. Triple being to get up and over an object (at the cost of some speed), while doubles are more to traverse quickly and possibly be used for stability reasons.

Slightly more Detail:

A "double jump" being a pairing of two jumps. They can occur rapidly or a moment apart. If a player presses jump three times in a row quickly they will suffer speed penalties. (Not Fun) " Doubles" avoid this, and can also allow players to briefly come into contact with a new slope and quickly push off from it. Thats what I mean when the text shows "surf jump". I am pushing off a surface that would otherwise deflect me. Sometimes slopes can be too severe and cause deflection or send the player into a dangerous surf (where they could easily be injured or die due to high speed causing damage on impact). Hopefully that helps clear up a few terms used in the video just in case someone is new to movement mechanics.

Seams and Edges just increase your stability, and can help force you upwards instead of being pushed off a slope.

Crouching is like a handbrake. It can help you stick a landing or cause you to decrease your forward speed while in the air.

Any questions feel free to ask. I might be able to help if your having trouble with something specifically movement related.
    • Up x 3
  2. thed1rt

I came into this thread thinking it was going to be a joke.

I left feeling like this.

[IMG]

• Up x 1
  3. CuteBeaver

I have a playlist here if your curious.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDSGbSi_LsVUS4rFkFTW7LyMD5_eOgOx0

Movement in Planetside 2 is surprisingly complicated but also fun. Basically managing speed, knowing what slopes you can climb and how to twist yourself while in the air with directional influence. I should have a guide up on Iridars site soon. We had to transfer it over from Planethead not long ago. I'm slowly going through it, and filming short examples to add to it.

More jumping = More funs :D

The only other video I have with text decriptions about whats happening was this one. Kinda more advanced though.
    • Up x 1
  4. thingymajigy

I usually just bind jump to mousewheel and spam it.:D It's one of those micro-notch ones so it's unsuitable for anything else.
  5. Jawarisin

you crazy fool! the mouse wheel is to be used exclusively and uniquely for the minimap. It shall be used for the sole purpice of the minimap.

Heretic.
    • Up x 1