Overlay Allowed ingame?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AgentRed, Sep 1, 2017.

1. AgentRed

2. Movoza

Personally I say no. You gain direct advantages, reducing your own skill and insight required to get better. This increases the "skill" gap between new players and users of this overlay, but also with players in general. Getting better due to uplifting spirits or something with tracking of stats and voices and such is no problem, but using 3rd party programs to enhance your play directly sounds like cheating to me.

That being said, I think the devs allow it. If not only because it is practically impossible to check for it.
  3. adamts01

To be honest, that scope should be in the game already, especially when snipers from another faction have zero bullet drop and no ammo.
  4. Demigan

Officially it's allowed. Like Movoza I have my problems with it as it gives an unfair advantage to the users to those who dont use it. A 3RD party program shouldnt give such an advantage.

What the devs should do: make an overlay-crosshair available in-game or make a stickied guide to getting a 3rd party crosshair for everyone to even the scales. But not this pussyfooting around the issue with most people not even knowing if its legal or not and letting a portion of the Players enjoy the ease-of-use and accuracy increase of these crosshairs.
  5. CornBoyVS

Common misconception, the only sniper with no bullet drop is the phaseshift, and it has terrible velocity.
  6. adamts01

How is that a misconception when everything I said was true?
  7. FateJH

Technically, the only BASR without bullet drop is the Phaseshift. The VS semi-automatic Sniper Rifles have no bullet drop too.
  8. DarkStarAnubis

Everything gives unfair advantage (btw, what the **** is a FAIR advantage?) :

An electronic overlay with a sniper/RL drop scale
    A piece of scotch tape with the same penciled on
    A gaming keyboard with mechanical keys
    A faster internet connection
    A programmable mouse with 77 different fire buttons
    A faster PC
    An high FPS
    A 4K display
    A refrigerator full of beer

P. S. I have Recursion Stat-Tracker in-game overlay and they state is it fully approved by SOE/DBG.
    • Up x 5
  9. Iridar51

My brains give me an unfair advantage, so I chug a bottle of bleach before every game ;)
    • Up x 1
  10. ALTRego

Na, no problem with any of it here. Overlay all you want.
  11. Scenarios

We use Recursion Real Time Stat Tracker, This software is officially allowed.