Over Wolf

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pirbi, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Pirbi

Is this something that will trip SOE's zero tolerance policy? And if SOE is going to have such a "zero tolerance" policy then can we get alerts if otherwise allowable software starts implementing things that throw SOE into a hissy fit?
  2. Zazulio

I'm not familiar with Over Wolf, but it looks like some kind of social media UI overlay? Looks like it allows you to access certain software and internet functions from within game, but I also see that some games support apps that add features which could be useful, like jungle timers for League of Legends, and stuff, right? I mean, what exactly is it doing, and what are you using it for?
  3. Pirbi

It came with the latest TS3 update. It gives you a TS3 overlay while in the game. Appealing since PS2 had a period where it seemed to crash when trying to alt-tab to TS. And without TS, the in-game com bugs would have already driven us insane. You can also see who comes and goes from the TS channel. But I crashed constantly due to the update last night. Some were not crashing and one theory was they were not using the new overwolf at the time. But there were a lot of theories as to why we were crashing and none panned out other than just SOE's fault. But I'd just like some official word on if Overwolf can falsely set off cheat detection or not since it sounds like it's a royal pain or impossible to reverse once SOE flips out on you.
  4. Hyred

5. ovakin

I saw that, not updating get me disconnected all the times, If I update then no more normal overlay plugin and I have to use this thing. SOE am I gonna get banned?