Outfits that don't use VOIP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exostrike, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Exostrike

I like the look of this game, however I do have one problem with it. It seems built around outfits using teamspeak and the like to get the best fun out of it. But my problem is I just don't like using VIOP for gaming. I'm fine with using text chat but I'm just not comfortable with talking to people I have not personal contact with.

Though I know the chat in this game is bugged, but is there any outfits out there that only use chat?
  2. SeldomBucket

Most outfits won't mind you listening to them on TS, just not talking and typing instead. Not sure about exclusively text though.
  3. Gavyne

It makes absolutely zero sense to use 90's chat methods to play a fast action FPS game. You can not coordinate properly via chat anymore. Games have evolved beyond text chat. I don't like voip myself, so I accept that and play mostly solo. But I can totally understand why text chat is a thing of the past for organized gaming.
  4. Metsuro

Ya even with the ingame voip as long as you listen to commands I see no problem with that. If I have to give out order and than retype them just for you. That would annoy me. But thats still doable.
  5. Jaloro

To be a bit blunt, you need to suck it up and go for it. You don't have to say anything to start with but with time and familiarity you will overcome your stage fright.

I also hated it at first (you would be surprised how many people do) but that was 6 years ago and to play in a game like this without voip just seems absurd to me now.
  6. Kommissar Klose

Seconded.

It stinks that it might be difficult for you, but text communication is simply too difficult and slow to coordinate anything meaningful. I don't even look at the text chat. Its too full of /yells making use of the ability to chat with the other sides.
  7. Yarma

My outfit doesn't require VOIP, it does however make things so much easier and we encourage our members to at least listen to whats going on in TS. Also don't expext our Liberator pilots to let you be part of the gun crew without VOIP, tha'ts the one place we really rely in it.
  8. Exostrike

Neither would you like a player who sees the game in 5 FPS, which is what I'm getting at the moment. In truth my computer just isn't good enough to run this game at a playable rate, and since I'm at university it'll be about 2/3 years before I can upgrade to something that can.