Outfit resources

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pat22, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Pat22

Can someone explain to me why healing, reviving and repairing does not count towards your outfit score to either capturing a base or at least earning resources for participating in its capture?

Or *at the very least* doing those things while interacting with a capture point?

Shouldn't you be encouraging players to participate in support and team-oriented roles rather than reward those who can shoot the most enemies over all others?
  2. NotziMad

It's cause those things were easily abused to gain score in outfit wars and to gain ownership of a base with highest score.

It's typical of how Rogue Games / DBG works. There's a problem? Don't fix it, just delete it !

As a sundy driver, before this, I would often take bases even in medium to large fights, because all the XP from people spawning at my sundy would be converted to points for the score. It wasn't enough of course, but it helped quite a bit.

Personally I feel that it was fair for me to get those points, because the more people spawned at my sundy, the more people I had to compete with to get the number one score. Not to mention that during most of these fights, I spend most of the time defending the sundy, repairing the sundy, and watching for liberators....

But yeah, get used to it, it's been like this for like 2 years or just under.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pat22

Outfit wars should not determine the meta of the main game. Especially when it makes no sense like in this case.

If you capture the base purely off of sundy spawns? Guess what, you deserved it because you took the time to deploy important logistics at a good location ( I assume a good location if you're getting all the spawns ) and without that, bases wouldn't get taken.

If RPG won't reward logistics and support roles, then all you're going to get from big outfits is mass redpeloyside with a focus on killing and nothing else to win the base.
  4. Johannes Kaiser

Yep, someone thought rewarding those who support their side was a bad idea. So they stopped making their contributions worthwhile for their outfit. BRILLIANT!
    • Up x 1
  5. Twin Suns

Outfit Wars?

I'm just trying to play regular ol' Planetside 2.

Put those Outfits competing for the top Peacock title on their own continent/server. Also, take Wrel's gimmick Zerg weapons with them. Let them duke it out amongst themselves. Let those so called elites farm each other for those precious points and not the general population.

o7
    • Up x 3
  6. NotziMad

If you're not interested in outfit wars, and if you're not interested in scoring ownership of the base, then what does it matter?

You get the same XP as before, only difference is you don't get the points for it (for outfit wars or base ownership)
  7. Johannes Kaiser

THose things aren't neccessarily connected. I don't care of Outfit Wars, other than those zergs being out of anyone elses hair during the short time, but contribution still matters, becasue my outfit wants to score some resources now and again. We are going fine, but only thanks to awesome dedication and hard work.
    • Up x 1
  8. NotziMad

Well then you don't care about outfit wars, but you do care about scoring ownership of the base, so what I said doesn't apply to you......

It only matters if you care about one or the other, or both.
  9. Twin Suns

Outfit Wars is Outfit Wars.

Tell me, does the Outfits that win the Peacock title actually cap the continent alert. No they don't.
  10. NotziMad

Me NotziMad

You Twin Suns

Twin Suns speaks English?
    • Up x 1
  11. Twin Suns

Me Twin Suns.

You NotziMad.

Do you understand English?
  12. NotziMad

13. zelekk

geez this locke was not for OW but for outfit resources. First week we had reload battles on points beatween outfits of same faction just to cap said base.
    And then they went to far with locking points for reses, heals, spawns and recons.