Oshur nice but the flaws still show.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Jan 26, 2022.

1. OneShadowWarrior

First of all, I want to say Oshur is beautiful and well mapped out. However 2 glaring issues that never get addressed show even more on a good map.

1. Sniping cloakers dominate and control all the lanes.

2. Anti vehicle and anti air weapons really show there weakness and do nothing against air or ground.

On a positive note, when you get one shot killed, it looks pretty with your corpse on the bushes on Oshur.

Please change name of game to Sniperside.
    • Up x 1
  2. krozerg

Nothing about oshur is "nice". Every battle is a zerg. Endless armour sniping back and forth at the same 2/3 bases for hours.

First and last time i played it, i would rather go to hossin even tho I hate that too. If oshur is the only map running, ill rather log out and play something else.
    • Up x 2
  3. melioa

and this is what happens when Wrel becomes the lead Dev......we do not just have to play his play style...but now play his epic voyage on the sea to a new zerg land.

Oshur = Log Out if it is the only land open. we wanted a new land yes, but flowers and water....really?
    Oshur will not attract players to this game. PS2 had a good run, it was fun.....Hossin drove a lot of people away, Oshur will do the same.
    wasted all that money and resources on Oshur....not to mention Arena....but, they could have revamped Amerish...Esamir (fix the balls up they made there) Hossin (or just remove that dump) and Indar to all look and play so much better, like exploding techplants and such that have to be rebuilt before coming back on line....but no....Wrel said we wanted/needed water and flowers....so that is what we have.
    • Up x 1
  4. OneShadowWarrior

I been telling them for years and years, bring us more maps, if they build them, people will come.

The other thing people will go nuts over is special operations stuff. You give folks the ability to do that with gunsmiting and customizations and people will go bonkers over it. They have attachments built into the weapons, there could be so much more.

Anyways I have had a full day on Oshur, it’s actually my favorite map. Just lots of issues they have to patch such as performance, sound and giving construction bases more lovings. There is lots of room to grow with Oshur, it’s exciting where Wrel and his team are going.
  5. CompletelyDeadCoyote

I do love Oshur. It has a very interesting balance in infantry-vehicles-air fights. Idk why, it just felt better, then anywhere else. I think I'll finally aurax my lock-on launcher. *peka.jpg*
    And circular facilities are cool!

But it is to be seen how it will all play out when the novelty effect will end and there will be less people on the continent.
  6. DukeNukem

Ok, here we go. Oshur is evidently anti-armor continent. Terrible for armor to navigate, move and shoot over terrain.In every hole and crevasse a heavy with rawket-lawnchair is waiting for you to appear in FOV. Air has no obstruction on the sky. Water slows vehicles down and once floating, any noob with even only 1 arm working, will kill you with eyes closed once he pulls his almighty aircraft. Frames are trash, even empty map inside bases i get 30%-ish drop on average, changing settings and resolution does not do much. Tweak could be that vehicles floating on water cannot shot, but also receive no damage whatsoever ftom any source, either sky or ground to make it fair at least.