Orion Revamp.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DatVanuMan, Oct 5, 2014.

1. DatVanuMan

BRO. Listen to yourself. I SAY IT IS BETTER IN MY MIND. By that, I mean handling, audio, accuracy, recoil, attachments.
    Just because it kills less doesn't mean it's not better.
  2. Yeahy

Why do you go rambling about claiming Polaris is better than Orion?
    If the amount of people killed and the accuracy/other stats don't say which weapon is better, then what does? How it FEELS?
  3. DatVanuMan

Maybe...:oops:
    Just the way I am fully confident that I can land headshots on my opponents... It gives me a feeling of advantage over enemy soldiers. With the Orion, I feel like I am carrying some weapon that does not belong, you know? It's like the first time I've played NC; the SAW just seemed so strange and foreign. That's how the Orion feels to me.
  4. Yeahy

I still don't understand what you're trying to prove in terms of a Orion rework.
  5. DatVanuMan

Make it more Vanu-like. I do not like how Terrany the RoF is, and I consider the accuracy and control to be mediocre in terms of Vanu standards. Thing is, it'll never happen.
  6. Yeahy

"Vanu like" means different things to different people. They can't revamp a whole faction or even a weapon based on what people feel.
  7. The_Blazing

But isn't the Flare the only LMG other than the Ursa that has a 0.03 horizontal recoil stat? All others have 0.1.
  8. nehylen

The Orion, though not the easiest, is not hard to control, and as such doesn't really go against the frequent "Vanu controllability" aspect of our weapons. If you go that way the HV-45 or the Serpent are far less vanu-ish than it.
    It's pretty similar to what VX6-7 or Terminus offer in my opinion, both quite vanu-ish weapons.

In fact even the Polaris itself isn't great in that regard due to the generic "bad" stand+moving CoF that our LMGs have. In the same damage tier category, it cannot be compared to the CME for instance.

Then again, LMGs seem not to take into account the same parameters as the rest of weapons: Vanu doesn't get better CoF, TR doesn't get RoF/mag advantage or 125 damage tier weapons, NC don't get high RoF 143 dmg archetypes (Carnage, GD-22, Blitz, GD-7F...). Even as a whole, CQC LMGs don't suffer any additional damage tier drop, which is unusual compared to carbines/ARs.
    So it's not like VS is alone in that aspect.

It's not horizontal recoil but ADS CoF when being still (either crouching or standing), but you should rarely be still with any weapon you wield, except if you're attempting (very)long distance shots where you're going to burst-fire anyway.
    Other than that particular aspect it's not really suited to long range engagements, but to be used as a bullet hose, which it does quite well at.
  9. DatVanuMan

Which is why I have stated MANY times that this will never find implementation. My one voice will do nothing.
  10. ATRA_Wampa-One

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LMG&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Those are the actual performance stats for guns in the game.

As you can see, the Flare is tied with the SVA-88 with worst vertical recoil, has the third worst FSRM, and the second worse velocity where all of those are critical to landing shots at range.

That being said it's absolutely my favorite VS LMG since it hits like a truck, only really needs a compensator to reign in it's vertical recoil since it's horizontal recoil and tolerance per shot isn't bad (same stats there as almost all the other VS LMG's except it fires much slower which translates to less horizontal recoil) so I can equip it with ex. mags for 150 rounds greatly increasing it's DPM and it can equip SPA which extends those truck like bullets to 15m before damage falloff starts making it an amazingly good weapon in the 15-40m range while still being great at 0-15m and decent at 40-85m.

It is my go to "I have no idea what I'll be facing" LMG where the Betelgeuse is my dedicated CQC / point hold LMG.
  11. Yeahy

I don't get why you are trying to change things based on your own opinion.
    1. You know its not going to happen.
    2. If it was, it would cause alot more trouble than its worth. It'll give a handful of players like you some fun but for the rest of us...
  12. DatVanuMan

Well, this OBVIOUSLY isn't a forum.
    fo·rum
    noun
    A place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
    This obviously isn't a place where I can type out what I feel or think. Because screw ideas, right?
  13. Yeahy

I guess the main part of it was the second part.
    I'm all for change and all but if you're proposing change that will ultimately negatively effect the game, then its a bad post.
  14. DatVanuMan

How will changing the stats of a weapon negatively affect the game? *Looks at Lynx, Lasher and NC weapon models*
    Yeah, like these made anyone angry.
  15. Yeahy

Most people wouldn't like the orion changes. Only you and a few others would.
    You are sacrificing the needs of the many for the needs of the few.
  16. DatVanuMan

Wait, I just had the most amazing idea ever.
    WHAT IF THE LSW WAS CHANGED TO BECOME THIS?!
    My God, I'm such an original genius...
  17. ATRA_Wampa-One

This.

If you want to change a VS LMG into what you think the ideal VS weapon should be I would petition to change the Pulsar LSW since it's the least used of the 100 cert LMG's.
  18. Yeahy

Illuminati Confirmed.
  19. ATRA_Wampa-One

Hey man, don't lump me in with him.

I actually like and use the Orion/Betelgeuse.
  20. Yeahy

Birds of a feather flock together :rolleyes:
    You guys had the same idea with LSW, its not about Orion.