[Suggestion] Orbital Ship Combat - Instanced 25v25

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vinyasa, Jan 29, 2013.

1. EvilPhd

No.
    Make it 48v48, and then we have something going. Otherwise what is going to happen is they will say XX is OP for small group fights, and nerf the big game that the rest of us are playing. I don't want my massive scale game affected by what's considered "balanced" on a small niche scale.
  2. Hosp

Dear OP,

Lord Zotz demands your blood be spilled on the battlefield along with everyone else. As such it is my job to inform you...NO.

That is all.

- H
  3. Wasdie

I was actually thinking space combat mixed with ground combat would be good. There would be floating asteroids captured in orbit around the planet. There would be a handful of asteroids in a space sector with each empire having a "mothership" to deploy from. They would have to use galaxies and ESFs to fly to the asteroids, land soldiers, and take the point. These would be smaller, more focused fights. No spawn points could be put on the asteroids, you would have to travel to them.

Once you capped all 3 astroids, you would lock the asteroids for X amount of time. All the while your faction would gain a boost of some sort.

It would be similar to the caves from PS1, only it would be more combined arms between infantry and aircraft.

You could even launch attacks on the "mothership" each open session. One of the strategies would be to just blow up the enemy's "motherships" as that would prevent them from capping the asteroids. It would be a balance. Depending on the kind of force you are fielding, it may be easier to take the asteroids or it would be easier to launch an assault on the mothership.

I think this could be a really cool feature in the future.
  4. mina5

5. Suroped

then
    TUNNEL SNAKES RULE

On the other hand CS like rounds are bad idea for this game as well as space ships. More like one space base with some sections and rail wagon transportation between them in addition to teleporters. Plus the ability to actually breach the rooms some how making them hazardous for players. And vents. This game is in dire need of vents and ladders.
  6. TheArchetype