Optimization this month?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gambles, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Gambles

Any idea if we will get some performance tweaks this month?

My system specs are:

Phenom II x4 955 @ 3.8 ghz
    8gb's of Ram @ 1600
    MSI Radeon HD 7870 Hawk

And the game runs rather crappy. Seems to still be very cpu bound, I guess I could go out and buy a 2600k or 3570k solely for this game but that seems a bit ridiculous as this game in all in mediocre looking glory just isn't worth a motherboard + cpu upgrade alone.

So... any word of a performance patch?
  2. Jester7x

Im actually debating building an entirely new rig with this game in mind. However i hesitate because im not sure if its my comp or just the optimization of this game that makes it hard to play. If this supposed "january patch" doesnt do the trick im gona have to bow out which sucks because i really do like the game.
  3. Gambles

Same here, I can play any other game at usually very high settings and really enjoy it. With this game I just get disappointed now every time I log on to play and realize it's running like crap. The scary part is I've even seen people with i7's and i5's having some performance issues which brings up your concern, is it my system or is it the game itself? and at what point do I just give up on it.
  4. mina5

Haaa Haaa i have custom ultra setting . And no lag

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=5
    TextureQuality=1
    ShadowQuality=3
    RenderDistance=3550
    Gamma=0.050000
    MaximumFPS=1000
    UseLod0a=1
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=5
    EffectsQuality=5
    TerrainQuality=5
    FloraQuality=5
    ModelQuality=5
    VerticalFOV=100
    ParticleLOD=2
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=0
    AO=1
    • Up x 1
  5. Jester7x

Cool. I leave the house.
    • Up x 1
  6. MurderBunneh

I bet you have lots of friends...
  7. Goden

Good for you, mina.

Now piss off.
  8. mina5

heh i waited comments like this . but my job ,my money .
    and sorry i had to show off a bit .

and yes i have friends :D . reason why i have my machine is i like to do 3d models so i cinda needed power full computer.
  9. Cirevam

Does this game take advantage of multiple cores? I read a few posts mentioning that but I don't know how true that is. Multithreading would go a long way to making this game run better.
  10. Iksniljiksul

Hope so, I want to be able to play in full screen.
  11. Iksniljiksul

Yes and no. I tested this. One core makes the game run very poorly. Three cores is the maximum benefit gained, anything higher makes no difference. No core is used to it's fullest, which could be OS balancing instead of the game threading but I feel they could push the cores harder (but they have to wrapper the code and make use of all of the brand subsets).
  12. Fox234

I have a friend on Mattherson that has the same excuse :p. He does 3D modeling and rendering so work bought him the Jesus of computers.

One day I shall rob him. lol
    • Up x 1
  13. Vorxil

Phenom II Quadcore 955
    8 GB of RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6850

Game runs rather fine for me with everything at max except Fog Shadows, VSync, Motion Blur and Ambient Occlusion. FS and AO are minor, intensive details. I rarely, if ever, seem to experience screen tear so VSync is also off. Motion blur is off simply because it muddies the screen too much. I much prefer crisp graphics.
  14. bPostal

Optimization is continuous.
  15. Gambles

I find this very hard to believe, as i recently had a 6850 that I replaced with the 7870. The performance I got from replacing it wasn't stellar as the game is CPU bound. If you could upload some gameplay vids or something I'm sure I'd be convinced, but I just can't see how I have such a similar system but yours performs "fine" unless you have really low standards and avoid huge battles (which is most of the fun).
  16. Protential

I am using Phenom 2 x 4 965 8gb ram, and a I think its a 650 Ti video card? Came with Assassins creed 3...I never lagged unless my game bugs out. I can play on highest settings. If anyone gets lag your PC needs upgraded...Mine cost me 600$
  17. HerpTheDerp

18. The King

The Phenom x4's are really horrible.
    But you can do wonders lowering the shadow quality.

I do think the game could be optimized more, but if you have a pretty cheap decent rig(desktop)
    You can run this on high with no problems.

If you run a laptop, which I do, then you need to spend 2x more.

Since I do enjoy this game, I went ahead and ordered a laptop which could run this game even on ultra with no problems.
    It'll run faster than most top desktop GPUs
    But I cannot wait to use it with my projector.

But as of right now, my laptop has better CPU than your Phenom junk..Just the GPU sucks bad.
  19. namd3

I doubt there will be a patch this month i suspect it will be more like Feb/March
  20. Sebyos