Opinions on the new ESF weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ned, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Ned

So I haven't yet had a chance to play the ESF update and want to collect some players opinions on the new ESF weapons.

Please only state your opinion if you have used said weapons.

So tell us what you think, do you like the new weapons in general?
    Do you think that any of the weapons are worth purchasing?
    Do you think the new noseguns are worth the cost (and viable), especially when rotaries are only 250 certs
    Do you think the new weapons are a viable alternative to what we already have (Noseguns, rocketpods, A2AM)

Many thanks!
  2. Akeita

The guided missle is good at taking about tanks, but not really that good to farm infantry like pods :/
    The chance for the missle that lock on as soon as it's close to enemy ESFs is really low
  3. holycaveman

the Hornets work okay. but believe it or not they take skill to be effective with. I think once peopLe spend some hours with them they will work a lot better.
  4. Ned

As I understand it the hornets have little splash damage?

Also, coyotes only lock onto air vehicles dont they? or will the hit ground also
  5. Nexus545

Personally I don't see much point in the new weapons. They are cool but just don't do the required damage.
  6. Akeita

Hornet got splash damage, I havent tried coyotes for ground yet because vortek deal way more damage than spending time to try and use hornet against ground.