Opinion on the Tank/Harasser weapon Changes.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TorigomaSET, May 19, 2015.

1. TorigomaSET

SO, after taking all 3(4?) Weapons out for a spin, since the new update, I thought I might as well give a quick overview.

First, let us start with the NC Weapons, which had the most Drastic changes this round;
    • Enforcer ML85/Enforcer ML65-H: The Enforcer now has a different reload mechanic, ammo will be reloaded one round at a time and the weapon can be fired at anytime during the reload process.
    • C85 Canister: The C85 Canister now has a different reload mechanic, ammo will be reloaded one round at a time and the weapon can be fired at anytime during the reload process.
    • C85 Canister-H: The C85 Canister-H now has a different reload mechanic, ammo will be reloaded one round at a time and the weapon can be fired at anytime during the reload process. Additionally, the clip size reduced to 8.
    This is a pretty interesting Mechanic, and so far, I have to say, I am loving it. BUT it also feels that as a trade off, both Enforcers have have their Reload times nerfed to about 5 Seconds, and the reload speed cert line does not seem to effect this much. HOWEVER, the Ability to Fire in the middle of a reload is amazing, with lots of applications, from burst firing one round while chasing a target, to never being caught with your pants down (reloading), again. It is going to be really interesting to see how Playstyles switch up with this one.

Next up, is the TR's Vulcan.
    • Prowler G30 Vulcan: COF reduced to 0.9
    Strangely, the Marauder did not get any tweaks this go around, which I feel is a little weird, but oh well.
    As for the change to the Vulcan, when I first read it, I was a little underwelmed. I Understand that it has gone throw more tweaking than any other Secondary so far, but I was expecting a bit more. THEN I tried it out, and oh my Gosh. It seems like a small thing, but that COF reduction did wonders. The Vulcan can now easliy One Clip a stock MBT from the rear between 145-150 Meters, a feat previously only obtainable if you got in their face (around 100-120ish) That is Killing distance for many Fights, and this little bit of needed Range and COF really improves the performance, espeically when dealing with those pesky LAs.

Finally, Lets talk about the VS weapons.
    • Proton II PPA: PPA COF Recoil reduced to .3 and max COF reduced to 2.25
    • Proton II PPA-H: PPA COF Recoil reduced to .45 and max COF reduced to 2.25
    • Saron can aim lower than previously
    Similarly, the PPA's change seems lackluster on paper, but in a fight, It feels great. The PPA has always suffered at range. the bigger recoil (at least to me), and spread when not burst firing meant it was pretty hard to hit anything at range. However, with these Changes, the PPA finally got the range it needs. With controlled fire, the reduced recoil makes the PPA almost pinpoint accurate at distances of about 200 meters, with a Fire rate nearing that of a Enforcer. The COF reduction helps alot as well. Although the max COF is still shotgun worthy, it is reduced enough that strafing runs on camped rocks and the like are no longer crap shoots.
    Now the Saron seems to have gotten the short end of the stick on this one. While the lowered Aim is nice, and needed, It is not much of a game changer, at least not on the Magrider.
    • Up x 1
  2. TorigomaSET

Anyone else gotten a chance to play around with um yet?
  3. TorigomaSET

No ones Played around with them Yet?

On a Sidenote, to all my NC bros out there, Does it feel the last Hotfix did something to the Canister? It (at least the Canister-H) Feels really off, like Its not hitting as it should. Not sure if Its just me, or what.
  4. LodeTria

The reduction to 8 shots on the canister harasser version was a bit un-needed and only really nerfed it vs other harassers. I find it too low now and makes mag-size even more necessary than reload speed, even thought reload speed is decent.
  5. repairtool6

Have had trouble with this patch so not really played much but tested the Canister a little bit.

So...Pesky enemies hiding behind rock taking pot-shots --> Roll around right next to them with prox-radar Vanguard and hit shield --> Jump into Canister and blast everyone with no down-time, no real 'reload' and no fuzzing around.

Cleaned out absolutely everyone. Repaired the little damage i had to eat and moved on.

Would do it again.

What was awesome was the fact that the Vanguard finally could do to infantry what it does best to other tanks. Get real close - stay real close - and just totally wipe the floor with mercyless patience.
  6. qiray12

Lol they finaly reduce the canister's ammo count ok.
    But giving them the single shot reload makes the weapon even more aggressive as i do drive alot of harasser the canister is hekka strong i wanna see how bloody OP it is now. Insert harasser farm here.

Enforcer is meh it kills tanks faster if you come from behind cus it takes like 10 shots in the back for a kill now you dont need to wait the full time.