" Only vets redeploy "

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Mar 7, 2024.

1. AuricStarSand

The statement is a exxageration at times & yet a reality at other times.
    Either way; I'd suggest the redeployment system is looked at; because at many times for a particular faction; pressing a button " U " is too tough for them. So asking them to read the map is as well.

" J " is no different: a button. I think the method of expecting the players to press a button is asking too much of those who aren't vets. & even amongst vets many of them may be one dimensional farmers; who aren't map experts. Thus they may keep their guys at generic locations.

A extra button for gun gameplay is fun. Tho a extra button for logistics is too much for many players.

Steel Rain rain is attempt at this. & I find steele rains good. Yet steele rain is just a bandaid for the issues with redeployment. Entertainment factor plays a role, they see redeployplment as a chore at times. If not new players need their hand held to find where to go.

/sitrepping a base and people not knowing how to find said base with attack & sheild markers; is only 15% of players issue. 20% at most for new players. The main issue is laziness. Outfit resource ghostcappers. repetetive mid farmers.

Allowing you to steer your own droppod for example; would make instant action more entertaining to use. Seeing as droppods were a focus for helldivers. Maybe similar to the sunderer rework. The droppod system gets a remodel. Perhaps self guiding droppod mode is only available if you don't have c4 or mines equipped?

Entertainment is only one solution to redeployment. The other is ease of access. If steering your droppod fixes " J " for entertainment. Theirs still no fix for " U " button as for seeing U as a chore or finding your way to shield marker bases.

So other measures of mandatory " U " for pub squads would have to be a theme. Redeployment features.

NC Emerald daytime hours always seem to have NC's army split into two 24 armies & we can't get anything done. Verses TR who mobilizes their zerg better.

So would like something that helps multiple unorganized pub squads get told what region to farm. Besides just attack and shield markers. " Farm this spot *arrow* " marker. A where to infantry farm type of marker. So map markers for alerts look different than map markers for farms.

I also believe warpgate farms are too tough to get everyone to agree to go there. The bases surrounded warpgates need to be worth points you get to keep; even if the enemy retakes that base. Since they will most likely always retake a warpgate base soon after. So you keep the points, toward the alert. Even if you lose one of the 3 nearby warpgate bases. You keep the points still. Just by paving there one time.
  2. Snow Sheltie

There is, or was, something that was built into Planetside 2 that allowed players to organize themselves into, at the very least, semi-cohesive units which could operate with something resembling a command structure that could focus on strategy while everyone else was doing the dakka. Now, what was the name of that thing? Oh right!

Outfits. Outfits running public platoons who can guide the mindless masses to the good fight. Tell me, it's been 5 years since I last touched this game (I still love to poke my head in the forum every couple months to see what the Whine of the Day is). Does any outfit on the NC Emerald run public platoons anymore? Do they operate in a manner where the platoon leader is actually communicating orders to the platoon (as opposed to being General Gordon Freeman?)