[BUG] ONLY 36 rounds for shotgun!? WTF!?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by swatti, Dec 14, 2012.

1. swatti

I feel CHEATED, i finaly spend my hard-earned cash to buy a shotgun in-game AND IT TAKES ABOUT 20 SECONDS TO RUN OUT OF AMMO!!

Unless i use it with an engineer or run from ammo box to another im down to my pistol way too soon.

Considoring the max-range of this thing, the fact that is full auto and has 10 round magazine if upped, its just plain broken.
  2. bPostal

Is this really a bug? Or do you just want more ammo?
    • Up x 1
  3. Roobarb

Equip the Ammo Belt cert. Job done.
  4. Kommissar Klose

Most guns in game only let you carry enough ammo to reload 4-5 times, how is 36 shots for 6 shot weapon any different?
  5. Saiph

Give it less ammo, and then give it to the infiltrator.
  6. swatti

For what, another 6 rounds!? Thats 150+200+400+500 certs! AND you'd have to give up 25% HP or faster shield charge... And it WONT take into account if you have the hi-cap magazine and im fairly certain anyone would have that.

20 seconds ppl, 20 seconds and im out of ammo. Just see how long it takes you to run out of ammo.

For pure kills - This thing relies on spraying down one or two targets maximum, then reloading. Third is not likely to happen even with extended magazine.

Shotguns are great for getting assists and lowering the hp of a large crowd but i cant afford to do that cause im out of ammo after three mags.

FIX SUGGESTION: (And do notice that shotguns are VERY situational compared to allmost any gun)
    - Double the starting ammo-count
    - Add 2 magazines of ammo for shotguns for each point of ammo-belt (then the ammo-belt may just be worth taking)
  7. Monnor

It depends if you use extra mag , my sweeper have 8 shoots and 40 pullets pool , with larger mag its 12 shots, and 36 ammo left in the pool. On the otherhand you can buy ammuniton belt..
  8. Jestunhi

Shotguns have the same amount of spare "clips" as any other weapon.

Cert into more ammo, cert into bigger "clip", or make friends with an engineer (or play one).
  9. Vreki

36 rounds, that amounts to something like 12 kills before you have to resupply.

FIX SUGGESTION: Learn to use a shotgun.
  10. Flarestar

It's the same for like every infantry gun in the game except the Lasher.

Pro-tip - don't spam it off at everything like a spaz. It's pretty rare to actually get through all 36 rounds and still be alive unless you're running around solo as a medic.
  11. Liquid23

why would he learn to play the game when he can just whine and cry for the Devs to reprogram the game so he doesn't have to?
  12. Jestunhi

Surely if it's rare to use all your ammo you should be shooting *more*?

Ammo is free, may as well cause as much death as possible!

It's inefficient to leave ammo littering corpses...
  13. InZanity

Engineer.. nuff said
  14. Belblind

Actually, what I'd complain about is the lack of more ammunition, when you get the extended magazine.
    It's still 36 rounds and you got only 3 full magazines and one's filled with 6 and therefore not even full.

And that's just plain stuid, I think.

When I bought the extended magazine I thought I'd get at least full magazine and not 3 and 1 filled to 6/10.
    Just make it 40 rounds.
  15. Oriius

Having another full mag would be nice. As a vanu it's even worse with the pandora auto-shotgun, it has an ammo pool of 24.

The weapon is situational at best, I don't think upping the ammo count a little would make it overpowered.
  16. Braken

NO! We went through that in Beta. It was horrible.

In fact, that's why the shotguns have such low ammo. It's because they were WAY too good in the hands of infiltrators. Even after the ammo and damage nerf, they still were too good on them, so they removed shotguns from the infiltrators.
  17. QuantumMechanic

The auto shotguns have even less ammo capacity.
  18. Beartornado

Recommendation: Travel with an engineer, be an engineer, or watch your ammo. Shotguns are intended to overpower most other weapons in close combat situations, very quickly dispatching enemies (which is why the NC anti-infantry max is so damn devastating in close combat scenarios). You're unloading a large amount of damage in only a second or two while other assault weapons require several seconds to unload that much damage, which is why they last longer. That being said, they can afford to miss more because it takes longer to get that damage out, each time you miss with a shotgun you have sacrificed much more damage and ammunition than someone with a carbine.

If you're playing solo and you aren't an engineer it shouldn't be surprising how quickly you run out of ammo with any class. When you roll with a group ammo problems are otherwise nonexistent.
  19. VKhaun

Measuring ammo in time is nonsensical and proves nothing. It's not a metric of anything. Clip count, damage count, and kill count are what matter, and the shotguns (assuming they're used at shotgun range) are fine IMHO.

The only place where time matters for ammo would be in doing area denial, and that's LMG / Lasher / MCG territory. Certainly not shotgun relevant.
  20. MartianDiscoFish

I got extended mags for my pandora shotgun and the ammo count changes from 6/30 to 10/20
    For some reason extended mags give you less ammo