One job

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Rithlar, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Rithlar

Welcome to the army soldier!

See that tank over there?, forget about it. Their is not a thing you can do to it, it's just going to one-shot you as soon as it sees you.

Hear that plane buzzing over head? If you do not find a hole to jump into quick he is pretty much going to kill just as fast as the tank and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

Now over here is what you have to worry about. You need to kill this heavy assault with this extremely slow firing rifle filled with colorful tracer rounds. O, and you have to stand over here to do it because his buddies don't want have to run very far to kill you and you had better do it quick because the engineer sitting in that AV turrent out of your OHK range will OHK you.

Well soldier, you have ONE JOB, go out there and do it.

( Ya I know someone is going say we have hacking to do too. But, really?? with all the terminals that have been removed, and turrents which are destroyed in seconds or just plain not repaired.)
    • Up x 1
  2. m44v

Your job is to spam darts, killing infantry is for heavies and maxes.
    • Up x 2
  3. Gundem

So what if a tank one shots you. If he is using HE, go get an AP tank. Even your stock HEAT+Basilisk will easily out-DPS a HE MBT. Really, HE never needed a nerf. What needs to happen is people need to wake up and see that the Basilisk is easily one of the best turrets in the game, and you don't need an AP+AT setup to fight.
  4. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Lold

Oh believe me...you can.
    • Up x 1
  5. CuteBeaver

To an extent your right. Our job is also counter flanking, protecting your squad when they are focused on an objective and vulnerable. I would say dedicated infiltrator players typically have much higher map awareness too, so chances are your going cognitively notice threats faster, preventing allied deaths. Enemies are often typically focused on your friends so ambushes are easy with live bait.

I have the good fortune of being in a very tight squad, and basically my job is darts, and squad protection.

You don't have a very long leash, but its still helpful. There is also a degree of safety that makes it nice.
    • Up x 4
  6. Tenebrae Aeterna

Soon...it'll be running around with flashlights and making sure people can see.
    • Up x 2
  7. Tenebrae Aeterna

Maybe, if we're really lucky, we'll be able to change the colors of our flashlight to red and green.

When it's red...no one will be able to move and be completely frozen in place, but when it's green...o-o-oh when it's green...**** gets real.
    • Up x 1
  8. K2k4

I find myself perplexed at the logic against snipers.. Certainly it isn't fun to not have any counter to a sniper as devs previously stated but infiltrators quite literally cannot counter any vehicles except maybe the flash.

Not to mention that there is an easy counter to infiltrators in moving around erratically.
    • Up x 4
  9. GrayPhilosophy

oh..oh dear... that was beautiful..:eek:
    • Up x 1
  10. Scudmungus

'tis a frantic life, sniffing the way for the hungry hounds!
  11. MrMurdok

You spam darts
    You breach rooms with EMP
    You flank so much that you forget what an enemys face looks like.

These are you jobs, given the current state of the game, hacking is taking a back seat.
    • Up x 3
  12. Biddion

I disagree with the no vehicle engagement concept.
    I am always out and about tagging vehicles with smoke or way points. Squad members respond. As they move in, I get close. They attack. Engineer gets out to repair. That vehicle soon has no driver. If it is a sunderer I usually deploy a beacon so one or two squad members can take it out. Sure I don't get points other than maybe a spot or a taking down a survivor, but that's part of doing good recon.
  13. NahumLudd

Too many classes have C4, it's true. Medics shouldn't have it. Infiltrators should.

And if not C4, then hacking vehicles is mandatory. One thing is that our primary job is recon, that doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to affect any sort of enemy vehicle, other than flash.
  14. iccle

Infiltrator is a shadow of what it used to be in terms of hacking and infiltration in general, makes me sad. I notice in more recent patches that more and more terminals outside the spawn rooms are disappearing making getting equipment while in enemy territory harder than it should be.

I would like to see more hacking options available along the lines of planetside 1's viruses, or for vehicles disabling fire control (but not movement) for a period of time.
    • Up x 1