One Adjustment that should be made to the Resource Revamp

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by minhalexus, Jul 16, 2014.

1. minhalexus

Give -30% nanites towards your most used vehicle.

I mainly fly Reavers, so I should get a discount towards reavers by -30% until ESFs are not my most used "vehicle" anymore.

To make it fancy, consider adding badges for each an every vehicle.

For example a badge saying:- "Dedicated Reaver Pilot" This badge gives you -30% nanites if you spawn a reaver.

Just saying, it doesn't have to be -30%. It can be anything. They can even add badge tiers to make it more interesting. So Tier 1 gives -10%, Tier 2 gives -20% and so on.
  2. TheKhopesh

I don't really like that idea.

But...
    I feel the costs are a too high on consumables (90 nanites for a revive grenade?! that's the cost of C-4! There's a reason they were dropped down to the same 45 infantry resource cost as regular grenades on live.)

Also, the insta health injections and health over time injections should be no more than 30 nanites.
    The insta health costs a whopping 90 nanites as well.
    That's insane.

And flashes.
    They're just A to B transport.

Those shouldn't cost over 100 nanites.
  3. minhalexus

Considering that we will only have 900 nanites, and a lightning/ESF costs 420 nanites I think it should be added.

As I said, it doesn't have to be 30%, could be anything. But I might stop pulling vehicles if the costs remain the same as they are or this is not implemented.
  4. Stromberg

that was basically the plan
  5. _itg

The whole point of a resource system is precisely so you *can't* just keep pulling the same vehicle over and over (or spam c4 indefinitely, etc.). If anything, I'd rather see a discount for using things you *don't* use on a regular basis, to encourage players to try new things and to provide some help to players trying to learn new vehicles.
  6. Gleerok

:( This will blow up my ESF running. I am a diverse player, I use different tactics all around, but I guess 12d 22h obsessively on a Mossy tell something about my play style.

Today I don't go ESF if the airspace is specially brutal that I can't stay up (or after I fell t'ill I got 0 resources) or if the situation doesn't call for it.

Then I'd go Prowler, Infiltrator (Hunter), perhaps Heavy, Light Assault C4, Lightning. Who knows.

After the resource revamp I will probably not use a single resource until I get enough for an ESF, if I am in the mood for flying.

Well, looks like I'll spend more time camping and sniping.
    • Up x 1
  7. minhalexus

I actually think the other way round.

Now that you don't have acquisition timers, I think they want players to pull more of what they desire.

Vehicles are not spammable currently.
    That's why there are talks about "New player spawns tank, gets kill in 2 mins and waits 20 minutes"
  8. Rift23

Half the time you're lucky to make it to B at all. All-Terrain-Vehicle isn't.
    • Up x 1
  9. Gleerok

Execept you can pull a few kinds of vehicles before running out of each resource, individually.

With a single resource system, lets say, you'll spend most of what you have in 1 vehicle, of any kind. Then perhaps have enough for a flash right on. Then you'll wait quite a bit to get on tracks again ;)

As of now, yes, vehicles are quite spammable despite the timers.
  10. _itg

That's a fair point. I was thinking in more general terms, though, that resources exist so you can't get in a tank, get blown up, and be right back on the battlefield 10 seconds later. It's not so much about what vehicles you use as it is about letting a faction win a battle by making the enemy run out of vehicles. A discount on your favorite vehicle undermines the whole process.

I think you're right that the new system will encourage specialization. The current system encourages you to branch out a little because if you're not using one type of resource, you'll always have a surplus of it. If you rarely fly, why not pull an ESF and crash it 2 minutes later? It's disappointing that we're losing that aspect of the game. It's going to really suck for people trying to learn to fly in the near future.
  11. TheKhopesh

Ya, no time limit and cheap enough that you can pull as many as you need without fearing for your effectiveness in battle for the next 10 minutes.