OMFG Patch Review

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by icosta, Nov 12, 2013.

1. icosta

First off, Sony.. well done. The optimization aspect of this patch is phenominal. I based system on ultra.have seen a 42% improvement on my AMD on ultra. Cores are finally being utilized much more efficiently and I can absolutely see the sheer amount of effort you guys put into it. Again, great job.

The new UI change is fantastic, much more thrilling to get a kill now as well as the whole sleek new look of the fonts ect.

The only negative feedback I have is the change on vehicles. My galaxy which I've put countless hours and money into has lost it's overall "eyecandy" look by decreasing the amount of camo on the vehicle, same details goes for the magrider. If adding those features was based on optimization at least give us the option to choose a darker or lighter purple ect for the parts that don't implement the camo. Camos are bought for the look and I think the new look decreases the overall value of the camo itself.

Other than that I am very pleased thus far. Keep up the good work!

I would love to hear other people's opinions on the patch so feel free to share your thoughts!

Happy Hunting

-iCosta
    <VS> Watson
    • Up x 1
  2. Saool

I would. Actually I did, saying so far it has been awful for me. Slower and bug ridden and still crashes out left, right and centre. However, of course (I did kind of expect it), I gut got flame**** of some ***** who think I should be grateful it works fine for them.

If this is a good patch as said ***** are saying, I'd love to see a **** one. (Oh I have. I used to play SWG).
  3. TheIllusionKing

Well put, OP. The update was well-awaited and had tons of new goodies for us!

On the other hand, my Mag will never be the same, and she was the main reason I picked VS.
    It's gonna be ok, baby. Momma won't let the big bad strikers hurt you. You just gotta be a bit more careful now, see? You need to make sure that they don't see you, and it won't be nearly as easy as it was before.