Old player confused about new set up..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kinkaito, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Kinkaito

Hello, I played in the beta i stopped playing for a bit simply because it was not so fun alone.. my friends however started playing so i thought great! i brought Alpha and a few weapon packs, however i find out they have to make accounts on Prosieben accounts, while im on a SOE account,

Can i still play with them? or have i no choice but to lose the cash invested into my character?
  2. vsae

You can still play on the same server with them.
    Type of the account doesnt make any difference.
  3. Oblomoff

Yes, you can play with them - just ask on which server they are on, open servers list on creation and create a character on their server, SOE and Prosieben games/sites share the same servers.
  4. huller

Yes you can, SOE and prosieben accounts share the same servers
  5. Kinkaito

Thank you all. guess i can stop 1 client download! :) Thank you, was getting worried
  6. Paisty

I'm from the US but i have read many Euro's hate the prosieben accounts. Your friends may want to look into SOE accounts before they get too invested in the characters.

Somewhere in these forums is a way to do that from Europe, but you'll need to search.
  7. Serafine

If you want SOE account from EU just play the game via Steam.
  8. Bankrotas

If they still haven't made pro7 account, I suggest them trying to make soe.com account. Afaik, that global account works for all the games (PS2) included with better cost rates and access to playerstudio items.
    Also, if they are totally new players, I suggest using a referral, since it gets them a boost and free LMG ( TMG-50, EM6 or SVA-88).
  9. Bankrotas

Actually funny thing about that. If you play through Steam on SOE account, cost of SC is in euros and if you IE. buy 500 SC, you'd have to pay 5 euros for purchase through game, while if you download non steam client, you can buy same amount of SC for 5$. It can be circumvented by using ps2.com shop and if you're like me and your currency is not euro, it's cheaper to pay in dollars so you wouldn't be changing currency 2 times per payment.
  10. Goretzu

Just use your orginal account, easiest and best (atm).