Ok, post your guesses in here for the " great January patch".

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by D0n, Jan 2, 2013.

1. D0n

I will start with my guess:

A fixed game, 90% of it working as intended.
  2. D0n

Any guesses? any devs giving clues under anon ident would work too!
  3. Tapioca Express

my guess? they cant push the patch out by jan because they took the last 2 weeks off and it'll be a feb patch that will fix a lot of the exploits but none of the quality of life fixes we want. Nor would that patch touch on any of the exp issues for unrewarding roles in the game such as AA and AV.
    • Up x 1
  4. Malsvir Vishe

A fixed game, with 60% of it working as opposed to the 59% we have now. :p
  5. BlueyTheWolf

Terran bullet spread fix... You cannot compete agaisnt orion or Gauss saw with our current weapons just so innaccurate at long range.
    Prowler <.< size reduction.
  6. D0n

That doesn't sound too great, that is minor.

How about new continent or vehicles or something?

You guys are thinking small, this is THE BIGGEST SURPRISE OF THE YEAR.
  7. Rivenshield

XP incentives and damage for various weapons will get tweaked.

Nothing of substance in terms of gameplay. And no, a new continent is not substantial... it is merely a new arena to ghost-zerg and air-farm in.
  8. Bejita231

Liberators - Increased damage resistance to Galaxy Ram, Zephyr clip size increased to 20

New Rocket Launcher - Heart Seeker - Locks on to infantry only

All Vehicles may now see Infantry rendered at max distance, Vehicle Thermal Scope radius increased to max render distance

Infantry Flak armor reduced to 1/2/3/4/5% explosion resistance

New Liberator Main Weapon - Napalm BomB, kills all infantry in 1000m radius of BomB droped
    • Up x 2
  9. GTGD

We will finally be in open beta
  10. PharmD

Doesn't matter. The core functionality of PlanetSide 2 is highly flawed. Fixing this game would take years. I'm eagerly waiting for the original to go free to play because this game isn't PlanetSide.
    • Up x 1
  11. {joer

They will nerf things that don't need nerfing but get whined about the most. Buff things that don't need buffing randomly. Stealth nerf things that may or may not need to be nerfed. Discover unintended side effects from those same nerfs and buffs which screw things up even more.

I'm an optimist though.
  12. ImGladUmad

What we should get

Skyguard Fix
    Vanu Nerf....no more RoF like TR

What we will get
    Vanu buff
    Skyguard nerf.
  13. NightFall

TR is already OP enough. We don't need more op weapons
    • Up x 1
  14. Tactics

Hah i started dieing when i saw this. You should retitle to "what i want to see in January and would never happen."
  15. {joer

Whats OP on the TR side besides the awesome color scheme?
  16. RykerStruvian

CARV S

Does the S stand for snipe?

Also, new cash store item: Galaxy horns and illuminated bullseye skull helmets
  17. KastianJJ

Removal of flinching recoil
    Battle rifles/Scout rifles are now useful

Team engineers and medics get a 2 hour tutorial telling them HEAL AND REVIVE HEAL AND REVIVE, with brain washing music in the background to do so, and stop saying their class isn't to heal/repair/revive
    • Up x 1
  18. D0n

Lol, the posts on this thread has me believe everyone's dreams and hopes have been shattered beyond repair.

It's your own fault SOE, you ruined little Jimmy's Xmas, there is no Santa for him anymore, only misery and planetside 2.
  19. QuantumMechanic

We will see no improvement in regards to infantry render distance.