OH MY GODDDDD

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Just nice, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Just nice

Have the optimizations finally arrived?! I am seeing 30 to 40 fps consistently everywhere, and my experience has now completely changed!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU developers!
    • Up x 4
  2. Reverend atx

Yeah I noticed it too, last night I was on a full server (Waterson) fighting in an amp station and never went below 40fps. I figured I was imagining things.
  3. Goden

I'm still getting 25fps.

I'm digging the AMD optimizations.

OH wait there hasn't been any.
    • Up x 2
  4. Crashsplash

I'm getting that .. however the although I get good enough FPS the game feels more laggy.
  5. phreec

30-40 FPS is still far from acceptable frames...
    • Up x 1
  6. Prodigal

I'm actually pretty glad when I'm having 30-40 fps in big fights :eek:
  7. Phrygen

i get 20-30

being on low settings doesnt seem to matter in large battles
  8. Otulien

Oh please, you sound like a spoilt little rich white boy.

30 - 40fps is completely fine. Considering the human eye sees at around 30 -/+, and most of us get 25fps and under, you can deal with it.
    • Up x 3
  9. DJPenguin

open ini file > set shadows and flora to 0 > reduce rendering quality in game > enjoy the frames
  10. Prodigal

Totally agree on the spoilt thingy and would also like to add arrogance.
  11. ROMNEYTRON

What's wrong with being a "spoilt rich white boy"? lol

I'm sure everyone would want to be that.
  12. Gustavo M

Not when we are talking about fights with 0.15 seconds lenght.
  13. GhostAvatar

• Up x 7
  14. Crashsplash

Yea, but the funny thing is that 30-40 felt better several months ago than it does now for some reason.
  15. Veri

Not sure what systems you guys are running and what graphics details you are using.
    I run Planetside 2 on High.
    Particles effects are the only things which reduce my fps to 40 fps otherwise it is locked at my monitors refresh rate.
    If I run the game on max there will be poor performance.
  16. phreec

Hahaha! I can't believe there's still people on the internet that believe that! Educate yourself before sprouting out more clueless nonsense like that.

My point still remains, 30-40 FPS is not okay for an online shooter. It's far too hectic and fast paced in close quarters to settle with such low frames.
    • Up x 3
  17. xluryan

You fail. The human eye can see much more than that. You can't measure what the eye sees in frames per second. Educate yourself before you speak next time.

What you both fail to understand is that you have no clue who you're talking about. And neither do I, so I won't make claims that he's not spoiled. However when it comes to myself, I paid for my own education, and got a good job on my own, and with that job I earned money to buy an awesome computer.

Now since I have an awesome computer, 30-40 fps actually is not good enough. Granted, I get around 100+ FPS consistently, but on the rare occasion it'll drop to something below 50, which is tolerable for how rare it is, but in a fully optimized game shouldn't happen with the hardware some of us are running.

All of that being said, you should come away with two things: 1) Don't judge people you don't know, and 2) SOE is working every damn day on optimizing! So everyone needs to quit ******** about it and be happy for all the work they do.

This game is freakin' awesome. If you think saying "xxx FPS is not enough" sounds spoiled, so does your trash talk about the game not being good. They work their ***** off and all people do is *****. So stop playing if you don't like it. No one would miss you one damn bit. There are people in the world that don't know if they'll have water to drink tomorrow, and you complain that a game doesn't suit you? Piss off...

Now back to pwning you scrubs so you can just blame it on "I only get 22 FPS :("
  18. Nocturnal7x

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  19. Bape

I don't understand all these grown people that have strong computer and think 20-40 fps is bad lol? Here a fact you only need 20+ fps to enjoy a game and there are no difference from 30 or 60 fps.
  20. Sobieski14

Is 60-70 FPS acceptable?
    * :D kekeke

[IMG]
    • Up x 1