Observations of PS2 aircrafts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Carnage, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Carnage

So I have been going through a WWII phase and mmade a few realizations. First is how incredibly slow aircraft seem to be in PS2. WWII PROP planes were even faster then 300 k/hr and very. Few were in the 200 k/hr range. Also bullet velocities were wayyyYyyyy higher then in game, approx 3-5X faster Then any gun in the game. So we are playing in the future with some horrid equipment. im very confused
  2. ColonelChingles

It's stupid, but if it makes you feel better maybe there's just really thick air on Auraxis and as a result everything else moves more slowly?

I think the official explanation is that if aircraft moved too quickly there would be rendering issues, and slower bullets and tank shells somehow encourage more player skill.

What evs.
  3. thingymajigy

Deal with it.
  4. FateJH

If we gave ESFs the air speed specifications of the Zero (Mitsubishi A6M Zero), they'd start at one Warp Gate and be crashing into the opposite edge of the map uncontrollably within seconds. It already takes only about a minute to fly straight across the continent.
  5. Xervous

Did I miss some big shining sign that proclaimed this game had accurate, realistic physics?

Nope, it's a game, not a simulation.
    • Up x 1