Nvidia Driver recommendation?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by WUNDER8AR, Oct 18, 2014.

1. WUNDER8AR

Hi, I have a GTX 670 and I'm getting weird black screens every now and again while in game. It's like my screen turns black all of a sudden for a couple of secs, then the image comes back but at super low FPS and FPS slowly build up again. Mostly happened the moment I was spawning a vehicle, now it happens randomly mid-game.

I heard this was a driver problem and I would like to get rid of this. Also my Shadowplay is not working for some reason so I think it's time for a clean install with new drivers. My current drivers are, well I have no idea tbh I'm not on my dekstop right now. Drivers are a couple of months old tho that's all I can say right now...I'm going to remove it either way. Just wanted to know which drivers would be recommended for a stable game and working Shadowplay?

Cheers
  2. Ninave

For me (GTX660) I don't remember there being a drived with Shadowplay compatibility that does not crash occasionally (every other sundy pull or hop to wheel). The last one before ShadowPlay did work for me without black-outs, but I can't remember the version number.
  3. Smagjus

Just get the newest one. I also have a GTX 670 and no obvious problems with version 340.52. There are newer ones out there and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them.
  4. WUNDER8AR

kk gonna give it a shot thx!
  5. Mechcondrid

well i have now noticed after updating to 344.11 from ( i believe ) 338 that the 64 bit client will no longer use my nvidia gpu (i'm on a Razer Blade Laptop do GTX660m is the gpu) when previously it would work flawlessly on the 64 bit client ( i'd get about 35 fps on medium to high settings ) i now have to use the 32 bit client to make it use the nvidia gpu or it will only try to use the intel HD4000 GPU on the CPU