NV 310 beta drivers, use them?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zakuak, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Zakuak

310.64 Has anyone been running these? I don't see anything specific to PS2 in the list of performance gains but I am tempted to check them out unless it creates crashes lol.

I'm just running the latest WHQL version right now but I'm curious to know if any of you have had good luck with the betas?

Thanks
  2. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

The 310.61 are currently the beta drivers we have been suggest for optimal performance as of this time. From my personal experience, however, I have tried the 310.64 drivers and found I got some crashing issues with them as well. After rolling back to the previous beta driver it worked just fine. I hope this helps!
  3. Mvollingjr

I'm downloading the new drivers now. I have been CPU bound, but I'll report any changes.
  4. Daviran

I saw a 5 fps boost.. but im pretty sure this is just me.
  5. Mvollingjr

Framerate seems to have decreased a bit for me, but not by much. I was playing in heavily contested areas and I didn't have any major framerate drops (where my framerate tanks to about 5fps). I'll keep watching performance
  6. Zakuak

Hmmm thanks for the info all =). I think I'll grab the 310.61 drivers first and try those out. Been a few years since I had to walk down the beta driver path lol....ugh..
  7. KolourBlynd

I personally use the 310.61 BETA, but I have an SLi setup which seems to cause many instances of flickering or alternating graphic effects, other times of completely missing textures with flickering texture pop-in, but only once has it ever crashed. (However every exit causes a "PS2.exe has crashed" message)