[NUC] elusive1: Raw (CQC Sniper Montage) 60 FPS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elusive1, Nov 28, 2014.

1. elusive1

• Up x 6
  2. xCable

Reported
    • Up x 3
  3. Hatesphere

be careful, dont break an arm jerking yourself off there.
    • Up x 2
  4. elusive1

Thanks.
  5. Dieter Perras

:eek:

My only criticism is that I hate CQC snipers because there is little more annoying then instantly dying with no warning that it was going to happen.

Still though I haven't seen aim that good for a long long time.
    • Up x 1
  6. elusive1

Thanks. Well at least you see me before you die most of the time :D Though, I can understand the frustration if it's from some unknown place. I generally go to that it was a really good shot, and don't get mad, just briefly annoyed lol
  7. Paragon Exile

Elusive y u hack so much?

Seriously though you do better in CQC with a BASR than I do with an SMG :p
    • Up x 1
  8. Dieter Perras

They always happen to get me just as I'm about to set off my C4 or finish off someone, or just as I spot them so I end up going "Oh for f*** sakes!".

I have a special sort of hatred for snipers now that falls along the same lines as AI ESFs. It's nothing personal they just piss me off.
    • Up x 1
  9. Dreadnaut

There's so much twitch in there I have no idea how you hit anything. I can't even see that fast.
    • Up x 2
  10. Demigan

So I was looking at some of this footage, and I noticed something weird... So I decided to watch it frame by frame.

Example, just 14 seconds in, this happens:
    [IMG]
    The red guy is walking to the left on his screen, and this is the moment he shoots, the two frames before were also at this position. Still he get's a headshot on him.

Then at 1 minute 24 seconds about the same happens:
    [IMG]
    This is a closer call, but he shoots at this moment at a still-standing player. It could be a slightly warped hitbox, but it's strange that this is counted as a hit. I've had narrower shots miss for me.

Then 2 minutes 48 seconds:
    [IMG]
    You can see the shot is a miss, the guy is walking to the right on his screen. Still it's a headshot.

Then this beauty at 4 minutes 11 seconds:
    [IMG]
    You miss, badly. The guy is walking almost straight towards you. Still you get a headshot, you can even see the slug traveling, but it's a definite miss.
    In fact, the slug is at torso height, the only way the slug could hit his head would be if the guy somehow walks backwards and left on his screen.

So either you use cheating software, or you have some weird-*** hit detection issue's, or you found out how to abuse them even if you don't know what you were actually doing. Which would explain why the twitch-movement works well.

Edit: I didn't go through the entire thing, even I have better things to do with my life. But in just 4 minutes of your video I can find several of these? I think that shows enough.
    • Up x 5
  11. IPLAYTF2

> use 1 inch 360
    > quickly flick every shot
    > acquire many hackusations

does however make actual entertaining clips though
    • Up x 1
  12. p10k56

Me from Europe so don't believe in superheroes:cool:
    • Up x 1
  13. Auzor

20k certs on one of the chars, 17k on another ???!!

Isn't there a max limit... then again, maybe you have everything unlocked.

Nice vid;
    • Up x 1
  14. Ragnarox

Nice hacking. But this game is not for you, your stats are lame. You could do better at Simms.
  15. Thostbog

Extremely well done once again. Always watch your vids.
    • Up x 1
  16. \m/SLAYER\m/

who ever played like this, have a lot WTF moments, you must miss, but it kills.. so "Who Dares Wins"
  17. Nitrobudyn

These were drag shots. You can learn more in the vid from STLYoungblood (drag shots are covered from 5:24, but i advice to watch the whole video)

The reason why You think Elusive1 missed, is that he moves his mouse to the side so fast that the muzzle flash and indicators show after he actually took the shot and is no longer aiming at the target.

About the situation at 2:48:
    [IMG]
    You see that bright spot in the middle? the bullet hit something. Something close - according to its size... I know! It was the head! The zombie corpse was still moving to the right side of the screen afterwords.

No big conspiracy here. Move along :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  18. Demigan

This has several big problems.
    1: Hit detection is client side. So any bullet that misses can't hit a hitbox. Seeing the size of the difference between where the shot lands and the player is "hit", his head hit-box must be 4 times as large as his head, seriously.

2: There's bullets not even close to the target, that still hit.
    Now you should see this shot:
    [IMG]
    Looks pretty much the same, only you can see the bullet, and it hasn't impacted yet. See how far the bullet is off-target? See how the bullet is too low to get a headshot?
    Still he gets a headshot, how? Can you explain it? I never said it was a conspiracy, I keep my mind open that this kind of shot abuses some kind of hit-detection in the game and has nothing to do with cheats. Hell, in the explanatory video the guy slows down the gamplay himself, and you can see him put a shot in someone's head even though his reticule is an inch away from it. (this is in the quick-scope part of his video).

You also completely gloss over the first still I used, where the difference between where he's shooting and where his shot lands is a landslide. Your explanation and/or drag-shooting doesn't cover any of that.

So my conclusion still stands: he's either using cheat programs or there's a hit-detection problem going on here, there's a minimum of 2 shots that have definitely nothing to do with any drag-shooting or similar.
    • Up x 2
  19. Nitrobudyn

I downloaded the video, because i didn't believe Youtube. Next i took it frame by frame and i found only this:[IMG]
    The first frame is right before the shot, the next one is right after the shot - there's no frame between them. And I believe that white thing in the second picture is just muzzle flash. Illustrative photo:
    [IMG]
    It's 4:19 - that's how bullet and muzzle flash looks.

Hmm.. The head hitboxes were reduced a while ago. I'm not sure if there were that big, but it's the only explanation that comes to my head at the moment.

I don't beleive that this guy is a cheter - he's using this weapon for ~2 yers and i heard that he was quickscoping even before Planstside 2 - that's a lot of experience.
    • Up x 1
  20. Demigan

If that were truly the case, then you should look at his next target:
    [IMG]
    This is 4:16. The next moment you see his muzzle flash. Considering his previous shots and you explanation, he should be hitting the guy you are looking at right now. However, he hits the guy exactly behind him, as seen in 4:18

[IMG]
    This is again the screen just before the shot. Keep in mind that recoil will also make his aim seem higher. This shot doesn't kill him because in 4:16 he hadn't hit this guy, otherwise it should have been a kill.

I think this proves enough that the sound and muzzle flash happen at the same time as the shot itself. The hitmarkers ofcourse only come after the bullet traveled to the target and hit him.
    Interestingly, we both seem to have downloaded a 30 FPS framerate video,rather than the 60FPS that he boasts. Every 30 frames a second goes up on my video's, and you showed the same frames between shots as I had. This means that there's a 1/30th second between each screenshot. Since there's 5 screens between the screen shown above and it's hit marker we can determine that it took 0,167 seconds for the bullet to reach him.

Now let's look at the slug in-flight:
    [IMG]
    See the white stuff you called muzzle flash?

In the next frames it's still there:
    [IMG]
    All the way up to the moment the bullet hits. It's the bullet, which comes along with the muzzle flash.

Interestingly, that guy is at the same distance as the other shot, again it takes exactly 5 frames before the bullet connects and the hit marker shows.

Now with all that information, let's think about the first screen I provided again:
    [IMG]
    First consider that the distance between Elusive and the target is less than 5m approximately (A Sunderer is about 10m), also consider the travelspeed of the SAS-R bullet, which is 500 m/s. Between this frame and the next, assuming you fired at this frame, the bullet would have traveled 16,7 meters. Now look at how far he traveled between the first and second frame:
    [IMG]
    Considering that the bullet would have traveled through him in the 1/3rd increment between this frame and the previous one, and that he traveled double the distance that the reticule had to travel to get passed his body to get to it's current position, it should have been a hit.
    Therefore I think we can say: The moment you see the muzzle flash is the moment the shot is fired, the muzzle flash also shows the bullet as it's fired in the same frame, showing the actual direction the bullet is going. If the bullet isn't seen in the frame, than it's fired between the frames and is traveling somewhere out of sight where the scope blocks vision. The bullet can travel a maximum of 16,6 meters between frames when it's fired exactly after the previous frame is saved.

Edit:
    Considering the training video you posted about the ways you can snipe, I think he's not necessarily cheating but that the game has some extra hit-registration bugs hiding within the code, that snipers at least can abuse for their purposes. These bugs should then be removed. Having hits where you actually missed is bad for the game.