NSO Tactical slot ????????

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dgim, May 19, 2022.

1. Dgim

you want people to play the " fill the gap " faction but you dont give them all the same stuff as the other 3 ....
    put up a little system to cumulate any kind of points so we can spend it on tactical stuff
    make the 4th faction really apealing so we can have 33 vs 33 vs 33 % all the time.
    thx
    • Up x 1
  2. Killbot

I just came back after a six or seven year break. NSO seemed appealing to me because I don't know anyone anymore and wanted to bounce around. Turns out I actually enjoy that. One night I'm NC and the next night I'm VS. Some times in a night I'm in an alert for the VS then another for the NC. I'm on Connery so I'm rarely TR and I'm ok with that. Over the last few weeks I've been assigned to aimless zerg squads, try-hards doing ops, base builders, and hand holders and I like that variety. It's been a decent crash course into the who's who and what's what of the current state of the game. The major problem I'm having is the lack of access to the outfit side of the game and the resources that entails. I read there used to be NSO only outfits and that would have been something I'd really want to have been a part of. I'd get access to the tricycle/beach umbrella slot and I'd still be helping the factions that need it the most. Maybe it was abused, maybe there's something that was going on that I missed? Either way the option was gone prior to my return. I'm a paying member so I can pony up the 1k certs and assign myself to a faction and join an outfit but I'd miss bouncing around night to night. The other option I'm left with is rerolling one of the OG factions, I'd get access to better guns and vehicles imo (though I'd miss the Bar-A50), but again I'd still end up missing the variety and Robin Hooding events.
    • Up x 1
  3. Botji

I am in a very similar situation, I like playing for different factions even though its honestly still mostly VS just because on Miller they are the less populated faction... so much for getting away from the VS faction I guess!
    But yes, its fun when I do get to play on NC and TR every now and then.

One of the issues I have with NSO as a faction is that their equipment/vehicles work great as a force multiplier with other players and are in general sub-par when alone.

So the problem is you are bouncing around factions most of the time which makes it hard to form a group of contacts to play with but you more often than not NEED a group to play with to make the otherwise sub-par stuff you have amazing. I have a few people added as friends but I dont think I have actually played with anyone of them more than once just because of the whole "Im not on your faction now lol" when they are online or perhaps even that they/I do not feel like using the vehicles at that time and just want to do normal infantry stuff when we do happen to be online and on the same faction at the same time.

If you want to keep the faction hopping trait that makes NSO truly unique, which I value highly, then you are kinda forced into being a lonewolf type player but a lot of your NSO specific stuff really dont want you to be a lonewolf.

And to be more on topic, yeah it does also kinda hurt to not be able to use outfit equipment as in both tactical slot stuff as well as the super convenient stuff like dropping a MBT wherever you are, citadel shields, orbital striking etc. I really do hope the devs can come up with something really clever to fix a lot of these issues but personally I dont really see how they would do it unless they can get NSO only outfits to work without having to lock yourself to a faction.
    • Up x 1
  4. Killbot

Their guns aren't the greatest but a few feel right and are fun to use even though they aren't as mathematically sound as the other factions. If I wanted to lock myself into a faction I'd just roll that faction specifically for the guns and vehicles. But now I am locked into this character as I've already payed an upfront investment of time into it. I still am scratching my head over the fact they got rid of NSO only outfits. I can only imagine what series of events led to them pulling the plug.