ns11a game card a scam (not a troll) would like help

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by viciousmidget, Nov 28, 2012.

1. viciousmidget

Well I have called every game stop on the west coast sure I mist a couple but still. Why am I told by every person they have never heard of planet side 2? Except for the few salesmen that play the game and they tell me they don't have and don't show ever getting this card. And one guy told me he seen the card on soe website and checked at his work so he could get gnashing for himself to find out they don't carry this card. Seem like a case of false advertisement to me.
  2. renegadeknight

I'm on the east cost and we got them. Picked up two today, they do indeed give you the gun. Perhaps the west coast shops haven't begun carrying them yet.
  3. Shibam

It's not a scam, its just the normal Planetside 2 game card.
    I had the same problem, i went to gamestop, asked the woman there and she didn't know what I was talking about, and asked me "What game?" So i just bought the Planetside 2 branded station cash game card and got the gun. On the advertisements it also shows the same normal Planetside 2 gamecard.
  4. renegadeknight

oh is that what you guys were thinking? Yeah it's the regular planetside 2 card, you just need to buy it specifically from gamestop.
  5. viciousmidget

Hmm I went to two stores and looked for card the one shown on site I'll try to go to a few more atleast I no they exist lol. Are u on west coast shib just curious and did it look like the one shown on site. Also I noticed on site it says Wal-Mart Westbury cvs etc. Has as well but if I buy from a different retailer do we still get gun. All I want lol otherwise I'd just use credit card and buy sc
  6. renegadeknight

gun is gamestop only I believe. You can buy it in the shop, but you don't get it for free. The free one is also a platinum variant.
  7. Phyr

As a side note, why would Gamestop know much about a game they don't sell?
  8. siiix

i got mine in Tampa, i tried to call then 1st and make them sell me one over the phone, they refused to do that, so i sent a friend and so finally got it

from my experience calling about 25 locations, most locations only have a few and have to check the computer if they even have it, even if they do , they only have about 10 each

got the free gun too
  9. RynoManiac

Gamestop here doesn't carry planetside 2 cards. They said they just get the SOE "1500 station cash/ 30-day game cards"

So, I went ahead and got it since I was there
  10. BeefNoodles

Can anyone help -- I've looked everywhere and can't find out if the NS11 will expire. I bought the card, but I want to wait to cash it on a double station cash day. If I do this, will I run the risk of missing out on the NS11?

Anyone know?
  11. Littleman

I'm pretty sure the system SOE uses only identifies the card as gamestops, meaning they get a special set of cards. However, I would never bet on the NS-11 platinum being available indefinitely to someone that bought a card while the deal is active on the grounds that these very same cards printed during the deal will last on Gamestop's shelves for a while after the NS-11 deal is over.

Common sense dictates waiting is not a luxury, and the NS-11 is only available from Gamestop's cards while the deal is active, regardless of when the card was purchased. Don't expect the two are directly linked, these cards are not unique to the gun they give you for now, they're simply unique to Gamestop.
  12. viciousmidget

Got it ty for the help guys had to drive a ways for it but got lol. Best part is there is 9 gamestops in my area and none carried
  13. Kenny007

If you bought the standard 1500/30 day SOE card, that doesn't include the gun.

I read about this promo the other day and decided to take a look at some random nearby Gamestop (I don't shop there). Here in the northeast, the Gamestop I visited had an entire row of them, probably 20-30. I didn't bother asking a rep about them (I know better from past PC related dealings) and took a few minutes to find them myself.

Surprisingly no issues; in and out.
  14. QuantumMechanic

When you unlock the NS-11 from the station cash card, do you get the gun for all chars on your account? Or is it specific to a single character?
  15. Madmojo

A scam is where you actually bought something and didn't get what was promised. This isn't even false advertisement, it's just bad logistics. GameStop employees make around 9$ an hour, so don't expect premium service from them.
    • Up x 1
  16. Meurtos

They actually make minimum wage as an associate. 9-10$ as an Assistant Manager and 30k a year as a manager. Plus they rarely stock much PC games anymore. I will never buy from Gamestop because of the priority they make PC vs everything else.
  17. Fuse

Gamestop never heard of a good PC game? I'm shocked!!!

The NS11 is not worth giving Gamestop your patronage. Just wait until a 2x or 3x SC deal (which is probably only a few weeks away) and buy the NS11 with SC. It works out to be a better deal anyways.