NS The Rocklet Rifle

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by KastianJJ, May 13, 2013.

1. KastianJJ

I find the Planetside classic weapon the Rocklet Rifle would be an interesting design for this game, having a multiple shot rocket launcher like this, and it could easily be balanced by design having this gun do maybe doing the same damage a normal rocket launcher could do abit more damage if all six rockets connect but each rocket has very low damage and refire rate... maybe a rocket every 0.25 seconds with minimal AOE and reduced damage on infantry
    but deals double damage to mechanical vehicles (what makes it take 6 shots to kill infantry but 6 shots to equal a little bit more then a normal rocket.

3 types of ammunition could be possible
    Frag (Flak ammunition)
    Standard Rocket (standard rocklet rifle from PS1)
    Quick Fire Rocket (These rockets have the same payload but require a minimal distance before detonating or does minimal to no damage)

sorry if my English isn't the best

here was the PS1 gun
    http://wiki.planetsidesyndicate.com/index.php?title=Rocklet_Rifle
    • Up x 1
  2. Yautja

3. cKerensky

I'd agree to this. The rocklet rifle was actually very balanced in planetside 1. Find a way to make it similarly balanced and I'd be down. It'd basically be a NS version of the current lasher, except better AV damage, but less shots overall.
    • Up x 2
  4. Ryo313

[IMG]

something like this BUT reworked as TR ESRL because thats what the striker should be.
    • Up x 1
  5. RedArmy

well duh a common pool weapon is balanced.... everyone has the same gun and were giving money to those no good profiteering Nanite Systems.
  6. Ryo313

nope not with this weapon. it takes away what the strikers uniqueness (even tho the striker needs a buff because in its current state it gets outclassed by the grounder in any aspect even the air deterrence aspect).
    its like giving everyone camera guided rockets or chargeable "rockets", "because that would make it common pool and balanced" ever heard of perfect imbalance? if not look it up such things exist. 3 different empries with their own kind of weapons/technology but still balanced .
  7. Leivve

Most people call it asymmetrical.
  8. Ryo313

yeah... english isn't my main language xP but you got my point didn't you?