[Suggestion] NS NEEDS NS Specific MBT / ESF

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dead Trolls, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Dead Trolls

NS NEEDS NS Specific MBT / ESF.

we have the javlin and thats really underwelming being shot off it easly, cant stealth javlin rockets are weaker then any flash gun.

they have no MBT/ ESF so it makes you kinda go maybe i wanna NS today or..... not.....
    • Up x 2
  2. adamts01

3. Deviance

4. AntDX316

5. Liewec123

well they have javelin as their unique ground vehicle, though right now it is borderline useless and far surpassed by flash,
    with work they could make it a decent vehicle.

for air i'd like them to get something equally as unique
    (they have a unique ground vehicle instead of MBT and a unique "heavy class" instead of max)
    i'd like it to be a sort of "sky max" but obviously less tanky instead of ESF.
    [IMG]

a flying unit small enough to fit indoors, no death on collision (it'd work more like a special class than a vehicle)
    no revives though!
    • Up x 1
  6. TRspy007

lmao tf kinda ghetto javelin you have? Those things are so fast and can scale right angle inclines in milliseconds. It's way harder to shoot than a peasant flash lol.

I don't think the faction should have a MBT or ESF. I get that you paid for it, but the faction was meant as a support for lower pop factions. It's classes and vehicles should be unique and have focused support roles (my point here would be the NS guys would still need people from the main faction to push, because it would be kinda dumb if robots did all the work for the mother faction. We don't want robots where there's no one to support).

From that idea, their "mbt" would be some type of artillery. Maybe give them a mobile watered down version of the glaive or the flail. The idea here would be to give this artillery projectiles that slow down vehicles, or disable abilities. For example, if there's an armor column with repair sunderers, the rounds would disable or at least lower the repair rate. Same with the vanguard shield, mag-burner, barrage, these abilities would be drained faster with the bombardment, encouraging a push.

Another thing would simply be a vehicle version of their max ability. The vehicle would generate a little shield bubble for a few seconds to help encourage a push.

As for an ESF, given the current state, I don't think it would be a good idea to implement one for NSOs. The faction is meant to support, not go on endless A2G farms. If they are given an ESF, it should be mainly used as a transport, so make it faster and cheaper, with ejection seat as default. It's only attack role would be with A2A battles against a bastion. It would be equipped with extremely harmful projectiles against bastion weak-points, but more vulnerable to other ESFs. For this reason, it would be key to defend the NSOs while they take down the bastion.

I would give the muramasa a rework if it's really the pile of garbage people describe. I think a key thing for the NSOs would be to focus on their directive weapons. Most of their directives are short, and it's fair that since they are paying for the game, the directives should feel like rewards. Make them very cool and interesting, while at the same time being significantly useful.

I think it would take too much resources to design new vehicles, they can't even redesign the vehicles from the main factions to give them a specific look. However, I think NSOs should get a nice infantry experience, and serve important support roles. I think their MAX ability shield should be buffed a bit, it's currently a little weak to actually do what it's supposed to do.
  7. Sevenomatic

Wait I know. Give the NS Mechs!
  8. adamts01

There really should be an NS ESF at the least. Aside from NS pilots, NC could really benefit from it. 99% of Reaver "pilots" would lose to someone equally skilled in a Scythe. There's no question that the Reaver has the most potential, but realistically, less than a handful of pilots per server will ever reach that level. But, reducing its hit box and the required normalization of its stats would strip its uniqueness that make it so fun to fly. A "noob option", if you will, would make NS more attractive and help beginner and intermediate NC pilots a ton.
  9. TRspy007

smh. The reaver does have the higher skill ceiling, but it's far more rewarding.

Its the highest dps option of one of the strongest vehicles in game.

In your argument about the scythe vs reaver, you're completely wrong.

Lets assume the people are of equal skill, using the best A2A option nose gun, the vortex rotary for the reaver and the maelstrom turbo laser for vs. They are of equal skill, we'll assume each fire at the same time and land as many shots as the other at the same range (we'll remove composite armor and fire suppression).

We have a theoretical ttk of approx. 0.041s for the scythe vs approx. 0.033s for the reaver. (Before 100m).

We have a theoretical ttk of approx. 0.063s for the scythe vs approx. 0.056s for the reaver. (After 200m).

In the same scenario with the default weapons:

We have a theoretical ttk of approx. 0.052s for the scythe vs approx. 0.048s for the reaver. (Before 200m).

We have a theoretical ttk of approx. 0.066s for the scythe vs approx. 0.057s for the reaver. (After 300m).

You'll see, the reaver needs to land less shots to kill the scythe, and has a fairly lower ttk. So against a pilot with equal skill, the reaver would likely win. Not to mention the reaver is faster than the scythe. Sure, the scythe and mosquito have a slim profile from face to face, which can make it challenging for some newer players to land shots, but it's really not a huge deal after a few hours of flying. Against pilots with equal skill, I'd place my bets on the reaver.

Also if you think the reaver is under-powered, suggest changes to improve it. Saying: 'make a faction where NC pilots can pay to have something decent to fly' doesn't sound like a very well thought out and feasible argument. Really dude you said it's hitbox is too big, but reducing it would make it less fun to fly????

If the Scythe and Mosquito are easier ESFs to fly, then why would we need to introduce another one? Noob pilots who want an easy time to fly could just go to the other factions then. Not sure how you're going to convince many noobs to create a character on a faction that you must pay to play, and risk losing if you cancel your membership. The more attractive option would always be to learn to fly on the other free 2 play factions, if their ESFs are so much better.

Of all the arguments, saying 'give NSOs an ESF to make NC players happy' seems pretty childish and does not seem realistic.
  10. adamts01

You should really learn the part of the game you're so opinionated on. I would never walk in to a tanking argument and proclaim I have the answers, because I'll admit I'm a bad tanker. But ESFs are my thing. I can beat most people I come across, fly every faction equally these days, and regularly practice with the best of them.
  11. TRspy007

You're the first good pilot I've heard complain about AA and the other esf hitboxes.

Not saying I have all the answers, I'm just carefully using stats and logical reasoning to expose the flaws in your poorly formatted statements.
  12. neostatic2009

Whoever thinks NS shouldn't have the same playing experience as non paying members....

Go Fuq yourselves.
  13. adamts01

We're talking about ESF imbalances that have been around since the beginning of the game. It's one of those things that's been pretty beat to death over the years, and accepted as the way it is. And some of it is asymmetrical. For example, the Mossy is pretty universally regarded as the weakest dogfighter, but thanks to its high cruising speed it doesn't miss fuel pods as much as the others when running wing weapons, plus it has the Banshee. The Reaver might be the strongest dogfighter, but throw lolpods on it for A2G and you're a sitting duck without boost. There isn't much of a downside for the Scythe. Possibly its top profile, but I don't personally see it as as big a handicap as it's made out to be.

As for flak... Everyone is frustrated at it, from Skyguards, to A2G ESF, to A2A pilots dogfighting at the flight ceiling. It sucks that flak is so weak up close against a Lib, and it sucks that air can't take part in massive base fights, or massive armor clashes. That's also beat to death. I think a switch from flak to a heavy walker would fix a ton of problems. Something similar to Demigan's proposed AA autocannon. Something like the Wyrm maybe. But I don't think anything will get fixed till a dev dedicates the time to really learn to fly.

My invitation to fly with you is sincere. I play every faction in Connery and TR on Emerald. I can make a new account anywhere else but we'd have to grind out a basic Lib. I bought all the weapons with real money, so there's that, but upgrades are expensive as hell and game changing. Anyway, I think it would do everyone well to experience things from the other perspective.
  14. optimus

I agree wholeheartedly that NSO need some vehicles to fill the role of esf and mbt equivalent. The could give them access to that 3 seated behemoth tank thing they teased out years ago but never did anything with. certainly don't make it as large as it was in that test server pic that floated around. Scale it down to a little bigger than a regular MBT and make it either a 3 seater with 2 side gunners or just a 2 seater so that its not super different than the other mbts. But since NSO's are supposed to be on the underdog faction i see no reason to not let them use a slightly stronger tank to help give the underpopulated faction a competitive edge in fights.

https://images.app.goo.gl/h6Fjzsw5TNr9dS3u6

as for an esf they could use one of the many concept art floating around on the web since the game was in beta...

https://images.app.goo.gl/XyTKTVfaN3FRePLm9

https://images.app.goo.gl/ygpBaT25KuRJJxjK9
  15. Toxah

[IMG]

I want this one for NSO
    • Up x 2
  16. TRspy007

I do play on all servers (except Soltech) and worry not, I know some pilots, a few even tried teaching me to fly (lol that lasted less than a week).

I like to think I'm an average player, and it does bother me that when I do gun for them in their liberators or Valkyries, our runs last hours, and we only get killed when a few players get pissed and pull a wave of ESFs to chase us down. Although by that time, the guys resources are maxed, so he can pull another. I feel bad shooting armor from angles and at a pace they can do nothing about, and it's amazing people actually find this fun.