[Vehicle] NS MBT based off the Upcoming PI 01 Light MBT

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EvilWarLord, May 17, 2016.

1. EvilWarLord

Now i'm not gonna go into details but what do you think of an NS MBT based of this
    [IMG]
  2. Endlave

It looks like crap. And I sure as hell don't need an NS MBT when the game is already full of NS stuff.
    • Up x 4
  3. ColonelChingles

That's not an MBT... it's a mock-up of a light tank placed on the hull of a Swedish IFV.

It's pretty much a taller, easier to hit Lightning.
  4. Eternaloptimist

Could be a decent reskin for the Lightning
  5. EvilWarLord

Well i was suggesting it being its own thing cause when i first heard about this, and watched a video of it about 2 years ago. The vehicle has Thermal Masking technology (I forget what its actually called) which can allow it to make thermal optics on cameras U.A.V.s etc think that its say a deer or some other natural object.

Watch this it'll explain it better
  6. Liewec123

that actually looks a hell of a lot like the "recruit a friend" vanguard turret ;)
    [IMG]
  7. EvilWarLord

I wish i could acquire that Titan 150-R by conventional means :(
  8. Tanelorn

We don't need a common MBT. We DO NEED more variety for the lightning.
  9. EvilWarLord

I can agree that the Lightning needs more Variety, But on terms of not having an NS MBT, There was almost the Colossus.
  10. Liewec123

me too, though i do play other games where i've worked really hard to unlock something "exclusive" and then had weak devs cave in to demand later and re-release it, it sucks when you have something pretty unique and it becomes commonplace :p
    as some friendless people like me made a bunch of dummy accounts and spent a massive amount of cash to get Titan-R it would be hypocritical of me to ask for it to be rereleased :D
  11. Demigan

"conventional means" doesn't mean it has to be easy does it? :)
    Just imagine: Having to complete the squad lead directives and get the lumifiber for your MBT, including auraxiuming the HE, HEAT and AP canons.
    Or how about having to aurax all Lightning canons and the HE/HEAT/AP of your faction MBT? That shows some badass mastery of the weapons and entitles you to some special turret right? No problem in letting people know that you are one experienced dude with more than just a lumifiber.

While we are at it, maybe add some goodies for other feats as well. I just finished the last LA-available shotgun and need only 2 more Carbines (that are buyable with certs) to get both at auraxium central, should be worth something right? Maybe if you added the SMG line as well for a complete set? Still need 2 SMG's aurax...

Edit:
    As for an NS MBT, it would need to be something special that's really different from the other MBT's. The colossus would have brought that in teamwork and a massively different way to play it compared to the regular MBT's. But how would this one be special? How would this not be 'just another NS addition' and an actual addition to the game?
    • Up x 1
  12. Ryo313

looks more like a VS lightning xP

paint it purple and let it shoot lasers and you're g2g
  13. Moz

Hmmmm interesting.

What was you thinking extra for the Lightening?

Its already quite a versatile unit compared to the MBTs, just wondered what you would add? :)
  14. JohnGalt36

Do want. I'm getting close to doing that anyway. Just finishing the HEAT and HE for the Lightning!
  15. EvilWarLord

That's a good point, i would mention the fire support role and the Thermal Cloaking but that would make it stupid OP.
  16. EvilWarLord

Guess you could say that :p but the reason it looks like that is primarily Hexagonal Plates built into the armor which allow it to match the outside temperatures making it completely invisible to I.R. sensors.
  17. Ryo313

i know xP
  18. EvilWarLord

Although i don't think anyone here would enjoy a Cloaking tank in Planetside 2 considering the frustration I've seen with Wraith flashes.
  19. ColonelChingles

Well the real reason is that it's just a model of a tank. It's not actually real. There are no ADAPTIV plates. There isn't even armour on that thing. It's made of plastic, fiberglass, and wood. Underneath it is a working vehicle, but it's a Swedish CV90 on loan.

The "IR stealth" you're talking about does exist, but only as a prototype at this stage. The PL-01 mock up does not use it as it lacks those special hexagonal cells that ADAPTIV uses.

Not sure if ADAPTIV has actually been deployed anywhere yet. It could definitely be a useful tool (depending on details like battery life and usage), but there are other IR-spoofing methods already (smoke comes easily to mind).
  20. EvilWarLord

Ah okay i must of misheard something somewhere then.