NS Colossus (pic)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheBloodEagle, Mar 11, 2014.

1. TheBloodEagle

Have you guys seen this?

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  2. Kurohagane

Yes, yes we have.
    • Up x 7
  3. TheBloodEagle

Pretend you haven't.
    • Up x 2
  4. Plunutsud pls

Cost:

10,000 station cash

or

100,000 certs
    • Up x 2
  5. DeadliestMoon

Seen it. Pretty late arent you?
  6. NovaAustralis

*jaw hits floor*
    :eek:
  7. Slavek

*Looks at lightning style dual tread design* *Imagines behemoth tank getting stuck on small bump/ditch and focus fired down*
    • Up x 3
  8. EmperorPenguin5

This is a terrible idea as they have NO CLUE WHAT THEIR DAMN VEHICLES SHOULD DO IN THIS GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!
  9. WyrdHarper

Nice necr--er wait, what?
    • Up x 2
  10. deggy

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  11. Aesir

I knew about it and the thing is to huge for PlanetSide. Seriously, it's to big. You remember the large cannon in TechPlants 1st floor? This thing has two of these.

Now for some size comparission ... jump to 2:55 in the Video to see what the entire Tank will be compared to a Vanguard.

It's going to be more than twice the width of a Vanguard, slightly longer and higher than 2 Vanguards stacked on top of each other. This thing will be REALLY big.

Meaning it will mostly have to stick to roads and not even than will it be able to pass through a few of the narrower outposts. Or block an entire bridge or canyon road, all by itself! Around two Sundy's parallel to each other glued together and than some more ...

No, this thing isn't needed in PlanetSide ... we can't use it because there is no terrain to use it in.
    • Up x 1
  12. deggy

And it will still die to 2 C4, or 3 dumbfires to the rear. But it will resist AP damage so that it takes 10 AP rounds from the back.

This thing has the potential to be a massive joke given the infantryside nature of the game.
  13. Aesir

I know ... When we asked for Driver/Gunner Tanks ... I didn't want something like this. I want an actual Tank.

Meaning a compromise of Mobility, Protection and Firepower. Something similar to what the Harasser was during it's glory day, minus the battle repair. It should still have the rear weakpoint, it should relay in it's mobility and fire on the move. So that it's strongest advantage is negated in Infantry environments. You know, it should be something that can be balanced after all ...
    • Up x 1
  14. Hosp

I guess noones gonna scream how OP it is...it's an NS vehicle. Of course, the second they decide to put faction flavors on them:

"The TRs has to much DPS!"
    "The VSs isn't OP enough!"
    "The NCs is way to tough!"
    • Up x 1
  15. dragonwinds

How much of an upgrade over the vanguard do you think it will be?
  16. Aesir

We can't say that, mainly because we don't know how hard it will be to get one. Not to mention that it will definitely be a mobility downgrade. We don't even know how many people will be needed.

With all that unknown making any assumptions other than about the sheer scale is useless. I think it will be a general down grade because the scale alone makes the thing extremely situational.

You can't get it into good spots, you will cause traffic jams on every choke point, you will be blocked by other Vehicles, potentially losing it because of that. Than there are AV Mana Turrets firing at it from outside it's range and all the other AV weapons, no matter how much health or armor it has, it will die to mass Infantry, just like everything else in the game.

Even taking current Vanguards and their Shields into account, I had situations were I went from full to burning in ~2 seconds, pop shield only extended it by 1 more because of Lancer/AV Mana turret fests.

So actual use? Maybe one per every empire at best. Any more will hinder your empire more than it helps.
  17. Gav7x

Oh look more tanks, just what we need.. right ? guys!?!?
  18. Aesir

We don't have anything worthy being called Tank in the game, but that thing isn't a Tank either ...

Seriously though, I'm all for reducing Tank Spam, if Tanks in return actually become useful. If a base get's camped by Armor, they might aswell also get camped by Infantry or to be more precise, MAX's. Again, Tanks are not the issue when you find yourself fighting from your spawn room.

Firing at spawn exits shouldn't be a role ... but the role of field battler is pretty much taken by Infantry anyway ...
    • Up x 1