NS Bots membership required.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Garte, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Garte

I have no problem with membership required to play NS bots, but at least make them worth playing. Maybe all NS weapons and mods unlocked. Start at level 50 with certs only for use with the bot (optional). As they stand I have no interest in starting a new character let alone pay for it.
  2. pnkdth

If you want what is already there just make another character/play that character.

The NSO is there for those who want a new challenge with always being on the underpopulated faction, restricted selection, and/or has everything already. Not supposed to be a copy/paste experience with a different skin.
  3. Garte

I understand that it can be for those that want a challenge. As I said maybe have optional choices at character creation for those that don't want to start from scratch.
  4. JibbaJabba

It's kinda fun to start from scratch.

Like I'm dropping into some fight, cut this dude down with my iron sights, go to hit my medkit and nothing happens...? AH PANIC!

Couple kills and couple respans later, I've got some 1x sights, and a couple medkits….

By the end of the battle I've got adrenaline shield 2....

Dude it's fun.

For me at least. I've already got an ASP 100, and an ASP 97 and a couple other things. NS operatives are super fun.
  5. Zagareth

NSOs are gimped right from the start, because they dont have access to the regular empire specific items, weapons and vehicles. You are supposed to help the underdog faction and then you only get a limited toolset (NS stuff) to accomplish the task and have to start from scratch with a lot already bought items missing (Skyguard, base stuff, silos anyone?).
    One might call that a challenge, but Im not gonna build an extra NSO character and have to buy everything again, that I've already bought.
    I have character in every faction, so when I wanna support that underdog faction, I pull one of them and start with an already good equipped character, so I switch between professions and tasks very easily.

Also, these NSO bots dont feel different at all - at least they could make them different.
    I. e. :
    - more vulnerable to EMPs
    - faster running and higher jumping
    - some kind of servomotor sound while moving
    - being able to connect with the weapon of Harrassers and ANTs, so you can drive and shoot at the cost of 10% less fire rate.
    - some kind of Turbo energy pool, for very fast moving - but not being able to shoot in this mode. Uses shield energy to sustain speed for longer runs, thus makes it vulnerable, while shield energy goes down

That only few features to make them different, but not overpowered - but for now, you only get some g1mps, not being able to use everything a faction offers and only others can see and feel the difference, while for one self it feels the same as usual...
  6. evil713

See I tried to make suggestions as well, and were not well received ( https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...ts-lack-advantage-over-regular-troops.251567/ ) people seem to have an issue giving any sort of difference to the new faction. Or anything that sounds like an advantage. Or anything that makes things asymmetrical.

I really like the turret control in situations where you don't have normal control, would love to see that on a sunderer.