NS-11C vs NS-7 PDW

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Night, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Prudentia

That doesn't change that the NS7 has good accuracy at 10-20 meters where it works best, while the NS11C is simply bad at 30m plus which is it's intended role.
    The Spectre/99SV/Gauss SPR has the same problem, it's just bad at the range it's supposed to be good at.
  2. Iridar51

I think the problem isn't with the gun, but with your expectations of it. What intended role? What range to be good at? I don't remember devs stating anything about that.

NS-11C is the only carbine that allows to move at 75% movespeed while aiming and still be more accurate than dedicated precision carbines, such as T5 AMC, Razor and others, and certainly more accurate than other 75% ADS options. NS-11C offers blazing fast reload speed and respectable DPM. It is far from bein a powerhouse, but it's goot a nice little niche of its own.
  3. Prudentia

I use it with Compensator, foregrip and sometimes HVA as a medium range carbine. but it gets outclassed by the Pulsar C in that area and at ranges which are to close for the Pulsar C the NS7PDW is better than the NS11C.
    The Pulsar C with Laser sight and Suppressor is better than the NS11C with Laser sight and Softpoint in that regard.
  4. Iridar51

Well that figures. The comparison between Pulsar C and NS-11C is totally unfair. Pulsar C, as a weapon of higher damage tier, is inherently better at range than those of lower tier.
    Not only that, but even among the precision carbines of same 167 damage tier Pulsar C is arguably the best - has the lowest horizontal recoil and access to advanced forward grip on top of that.

What Pulsar C has less of than NS-11C is mobility, which is about the only trait the NS weapons have.

Maybe NS-11C is less effective than dedicated precision carbines at range and weaker than SMGs up close, but it has what others lack - versatility. Allow me to take your argument a little further and you will see how ridicoulous it is: "NS-11C is outclassed in CQC by shotguns, and it sucks as a sniper rifle, hence it's a bad weapon". Totally forgetting about the ranges in between.

You can't deny that NS-11C has some advantages over precision carbines and SMGs. There is ofcourse an entirely another matter of whether this advantages are enough to justify using NS-11C instead of them.

Personally, I think 75% ADS is overrated, and carbines that have it pay too much a great cost to get it. Would be fine if all carbines had 75% ADS.
  5. Prudentia

well i said in the end that the NS11C is outclassed in CQC by a long range carbine. i think the NS11C is even outclassed in CQC if you equip it with CQC attachments are rate it against the Pulsar C with long range attachments.

And i agree on the on the .75 modifier, positioning outclasses ADS movement anyday, especially if you are a light assault using AP or ASC which allow you alot of mobility.
  6. Kohm

Just simple, buy NS-7 PDW since it's available for all class. For long range, AF-19 or GD-23. IMO, NS-11C (and MKV Suppressed) are just weapons meant to suck your SC, waste certs, or challenges to work with. They are not worth it.
  7. Iridar51

Yeah I wanted to reply something to that but didn't find anything worthwhile and forgot. That's the beauty of being a carbine - if those geared up for long range offer a respectable hip fire accuracy without compensator. The only range where NS-11C surpasses the Pulsar C in cqc is from 10 to 15 meters, and that's only thanks to SPA.
    I guess NS-11C does seem underwhelming in CQC even compared to precision carbines, unless you manage to somehow abuse the 75% ADS.