Now the Enter key is hard bound to window mode, i need that key

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sminky, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Sminky

Gah

Every update it seems SOE want to make PS2 worse for me. With the latest hotfix the return key now seems to be hard mapped to window mode. A key I have set up for jump. I just don't understand it, has anyone else found out where it is in the options to turn off?

and just why they have done this in the first place?
  2. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, you may want to make backups of, locate, and delete the following files

PlanetSide2.exe
    ActivityUserData.ini
    LaunchPad-user.ini
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    SoundSettings.xml
    UserOptions.ini
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.
  3. TSR-NiallS Customer Service

As far as I can tell, there has been no change to this. The return key is not hard-bound to anything. Alt + Enter, however, is the default shortcut within Windows to switch between windowed and full screen modes. You might want to make sure there isn't a problem with one of your keyboard's Alt keys.

As Jesse has suggested though, this may also be an issue with settings files. If neither of these suggestions seems to resolve it, please submit a ticket using the link in my signature so we can look into this.