Now that ZOE is useless, what can we complain about?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Drealgrin, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Drealgrin

Oh that's right! EVERYTHING! Jackhammer tears apart a ZOE max like butter. Makes lasher look sad.

For example. Why did they chang ethe vehicle resource costs? It's not like EVERYONE HAD THEIR RESOURCES MAXED OUT AT ALL TIMES (except infantry resources, of course)

Let's fighting love.
  2. LonelyTerran

They removed the speed boost?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. llPendragon

^This. A little harsh, but dead on.
    • Up x 1
  4. KunzeWaldemar

Movement >>>>>> ALL - for MAXs.

If you dont remember how crappy it is to play those slow and rocket-magnetic MAXs. Play NC/TR. Die in 5 sec. Cuz everyone uses HA.
  5. Regpuppy

Not even a day and you can confidently say the 5% difference makes the ZOE useless? Something tells me if they didn't announce it you wouldn't have noticed much difference.
  6. Zotamedu

Well there has been a lot of crying about the fracture and the striker so I guess everybody will focus all their crying efforts on them now.
  7. TeknoBug

The movement speed is all I really cared about with ZOE, although it does seem to increase projectile speed on Comets but that may be placebo. I still use charge on my other loadouts, I rather not have 30% less armor when 5-10 people are shooting you at once.
  8. Joram

9. illgot

Do you know that just a 20% reduction did 75% damage to a zoe with the default rocket launcher? I think 30% will one hit when using the decimator.

And small arms fire combined ... sorry but 30% translates mathmatically to nearly one free bullet hit every three shots. If your boss asked you if you wanted a 30% raise would you scoff and tell him that 30% is meaningless?
  10. Drealgrin

fractures aren't that bad, but honestly they could definitely use AI nerf. at least comets require reload and you have to land all shots to kill.

fractures can kill 5 players per reload, that's pretty ridonk for AV weapon with such high velocity. (Why the ravens aren't so bad despite only requiring 2 shots to kill)
    • Up x 1
  11. Drealgrin

Negatory.
  12. MagicBlackShow

• Up x 1
  13. RHINO_Mk.II

The change was 5% from the value it was at before.

If your boss said "We're having trouble staying above water, so we can only offer you a 5% raise right now." Would you quit your job on the spot?

I don't #@$%ing think so.
  14. Drealgrin

Land all your Jackhammer shots and the ZOE is deader than dead. 140% more damage recieved by bullets than a normal max is fairly brutal.
  15. Drealgrin

Except it's not a raise, it's a 5% pay decrease.
  16. RHINO_Mk.II

Nope.

Even if you had extended magazines and landed every pellet of every shot in the MAX's head from point blank range, it would survive. Then you're stuck with a four second reload time, while your face is ripped off by sparkly purple lazors.
  17. MagicBlackShow

DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!!! People still cry about trying to solo a MAX while pulling "facts" out of thin air. Stay tuned, more tears at 11!
  18. VanuSovereignty

Is this forum filled with bots that generate overreacting text in response to any change within the game?
  19. illgot

Live server was 20% right? I thought test was 25% then they brought it upto 30% for live.

Does not matter what it was before, it is still a total of 30% more damage than normal for a varying amount of bonus damage up to 20% (yeah that 20% bonus damage is not static). Unless percentages are a foreign concept, 30% is a lot.
  20. llPendragon

This is untrue. A ZOE MAX can negate a damage type by existing armor options. A ZOE MAX can cert into a category that allows it to take less damage than a stock MAX. On top of this, they retain a speed benefit that would allow more shots to be dodged. Add to this a damage benefit that would allow them to kill their enemies before their enemy can produce as much damage as against a non-ZOE MAX. This equates to some value that will always be less than 40% compared to a stock MAX, and could actually be better.
    To rehash the point, ZOE is supposed to be a side-grade to Ammo Cans, Charge, the Shield, and Lockdown. With a permanent movement increase, it's possibly a direct upgrade to Charge on this merit alone. Compared to Lockdown which requires 100% loss of Mobility and the Shield which requires 100% loss of Offense, the <40% loss of Armor for boosts to Mobility and Offense seems like a rediculously small cost.
    ZOE is an obvious upgrade, which is what continues to make it OP.