Now that everyone has Annhilators...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Compass, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Compass

Let's sell Trophy Systems for MBTs! :p

#winning

• Up x 5
  2. Richard [PG]

Lockonside 2.

Expect it.
    • Up x 3
  3. EliteEskimo

This could be the Prowler's new special ability!:eek: lol
  4. BengalTiger

• Up x 1
  5. Isila

Hey you. Where do you get off expecting people to use teamwork to counter teamwork?
  6. Compass

But these don't sell for moneyz. Replace the top weapon with active countermeasures, dakka!
  7. R-A-B

It's called IR smoke cert. it also works surprisingly well.
  8. Brusilov [TR]

fark, that would be awesome. A vehicle whose primary purpose is defense using countermeasure...

Wouldn't get used a lot, but would be awesome none the less. Primary Turret mounted point defense, and choose from a range of secondary weapons. You aim the turret in the direction that you expect missiles to come from, and then it locks on an incoming missiles?
  9. Compass

It doesn't cover allies safely. It'd be like a Skyguard, only it would be Missile Guard.
  10. LoveJuices

Guys...

We could put it

On Flashes

....Yes
    • Up x 2
  11. innociv

OP counters to OP counters is why annihilators were added in the first place, and are bad for gameplay.

Need less hard counters, and all the hard counters in this game nerfed hard.
    • Up x 1
  12. Stormlight666

Now that everyone has Annihilators - Let's ADD cert tree options for them!!!! More ammo - Yes! Slightly faster Reload time - Sure!!!
    A special Jaws-like theme that the missiles play as they close in on an enemy - Hell yeah!
    • Up x 1
  13. Daioh

you.

i like you, keep being Awesome.
  14. Aliasse

LOCK ON SIDE 2
    [IMG]
  15. innociv

I'm actually pretty convinced at this point that this is all SoE's plan to make people pay2win with the whole annihilators ting.

They could have just nerfed rocket pods, HEAT, zephyr, and made the game balanced better(and more fun). Instead they make an i-win button against them cost a lot of money/certs(and made the game unfun and infuriating).
  16. Zorlox

forum mobs fund the development of planetside 2. I wonder how many sarons, rocket pods, g2a missiles, zephyrs, HE turrets, and so on have been purchased just because of the forum mob whine threads.
  17. Dingus148

Quite a few, I'd assume
    Uhhhhh....with the exception of G2A (which was horribly broken until recently...)

Whine threads tend not to sell items. And you make the mistake of thinking the devs actually check this place.
  18. BengalTiger

The Flash can be upgraded with IR smoke grenades, and it doesn't even occupy the weapon slots:
    http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Flash

Guess we could all just swarm Flashes with Kobalts and smoke. I'm sure the enemy won't enjoy that.
  19. Vorxil

I don't have an Annihilator or any lock-on weapon for that matter. It will take me weeks to grind for the certs. :(

Still proud of using skill demanding weapons. Dumbfire rocket launchers! Nose cannon only on ESF! :D
  20. UberBonisseur

Well, no, it's just that the downsides of the Annie don't cut it.

Less damage and no dumb fire can be critical in close quarters and definitely balances the fact you can lock both targets BUT...

For some reason it has:
    - +100m lock on distance against ground
    -A better/faster/accurate missile which always hits, while the G2G can miss